If you or a loved one slipped, fell, and got hurt at a local gym, you can likely pursue damages from the gym owner. However, you’d have to prove their liability in your case and negotiate with their insurer for a fair settlement. It isn’t easy to accomplish these things, especially if a party denies liability or their insurer diminishes the case.
Our firm can pursue your damages for you. One of our lawyers will even threaten to sue for your settlement and, if necessary, follow through on that threat for a court verdict. If you consult with us, we’ll tell you more about what your Washington gym slip and fall lawyer will do for you.
What Is the Slip and Fall Law in Washington State?
In the State of Washington, the law says that in a slip and fall case, the injured party can pursue damages from the at-fault party. Typically, this at-fault party is the owner of the property where the incident occurred. In your case, you should be able to pursue damages from the gym owner.
A property owner is responsible for keeping their property free of hazards, like slippery substances, so when the owner violates this responsibility, they are liable for the consequences. However, an injured party must prove the owner is liable, which can be difficult to do.
The injured party must also negotiate with the property owner’s insurance provider in order to reach a settlement. (Alternatively, the injured party can sue the property owner.) This can also be difficult to do, but the injured party can hire a slip and fall and property liability lawyer to negotiate (or sue) on their behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a gym slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Washington, call (725) 900-9000
What Are the Damages in a Slip and Fall Case?
In any kind of case, the damages are the compensatory awards a victim requests from the at-fault party. The damages represent the losses and other issues the victim incurs or suffers due to the incident, and they can be financial and intangible emotional in nature.
In your slip and fall case, your damages may be any or many of the following:
- Medical bills that may be piling up
- Employment income you may not be bringing in
- Physical pain you’re experiencing
- Impairment or disability your injuries are causing
- Mental anguish you’re going through
- Emotional trauma you’re suffering
You can pursue your damages through a slip and fall claim or lawsuit or, if you lost a loved one due to a slip and fall, you can pursue your family’s damages through a wrongful death claim or suit.
Washington Gym Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
What Will a Washington Gym Slip and Fall Lawyer Do for My Case?
In pursuit of your damages, you’ll have to prove liability, negotiate a settlement, and do much more. All of this can be really difficult, especially if the gym owner denies liability or their insurer diminishes the case.
You can leave all of that and your entire case with a lawyer from our firm. To build and resolve your case, your lawyer will do all of the following for you and more:
- Establish your damages: You may have many damages you haven’t identified yet, such as financial damages you may incur in the future and intangible damages you may not even recognize. Your lawyer can help to identify these damages so you can request them.
- Evaluate your damages: So you can actually recover your intangible damages, your lawyer will value them fairly. Your lawyer will use a valuation method the insurance company or a judge should recognize. The valuation should also prevent the insurer from diminishing your damages and your case.
- Indicate the gym owner’s liability: To do this, your lawyer will show evidence of the owner’s liability, such as a witness’s written statement about the incident or even a statement from an expert witness, such as a slip and fall accident reconstructionist.
- Prove the owner’s liability: To accomplish this, your lawyer will show precisely how the evidence establishes the gym owner had a duty of care, the owner breached that duty, the breach caused the incident, and the incident resulted in your damages. If your lawyer is successful, the gym owner and their insurer will not be able to deny any liability for your damages.
- Negotiate your settlement: In negotiations with the insurer, your lawyer will demand all of your due damages and, if necessary, threaten to sue the gym owner and possibly also the insurer.
- Litigate your case: If negotiation doesn’t resolve your case, your lawyer will resolve your case through litigation, instead. In court, your lawyer will request your due damages in the form of a verdict from a judge.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Slip and Falls in Washington State?
If you and your lawyer are forced to sue for your damages (or if you decide to skip negotiations and sue immediately), your lawyer will have to meet the filing deadline for the lawsuit. This deadline is within 3 years of your slip and fall, according to RCW § 4.16.080.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Washington Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
The personal injury and premises liability attorneys from our firm know how to handle your case, even in the courtroom. These attorneys have more than a hundred years of combined experience with thousands of personal injury/premises liability cases like yours. Our team has also recovered more than fifty million for clients like you and has more than five hundred five-star reviews across various platforms, including Avvo.
Our success and our reputation are due in part to how we treat our clients. We go the extra mile for them, such as when we refer them for any further medical care they may need or when we meet them for a home visit. And since we’re multicultural, we’re able to help our clients in Mandarin, Spanish, or another language.
If you become our next client, we’ll go the extra mile for you and do everything we have to in order to resolve your case fairly for you.
Consult With Us for a Gym Slip and Fall Lawyer in the State of Washington
If you or a loved one slipped, fell, and got hurt at a local gym, our firm can pursue your damages for you. One of our attorneys will even sue the gym owner for your damages, if necessary.
If you consult with us, we’ll tell you more and answer any questions you have for us. Afterwards, if you decide to hire one of our slip and fall attorneys in Washington, DC or elsewhere in Washington State, your attorney will work for you at no cost until and unless your attorney recovers compensation for you. For a free consultation, contact Van Law today.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson