Automatic doors have become very popular and at times can be the only way you can enter or exit a building. When you are coming and going through spaces, you rarely think of how a powerful machine could harm you. However, if these machines have not been properly maintained, injuries can occur within seconds.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to an automatic door accident, our Washington automatic door injury lawyers can help determine your next steps on how to pursue legal action to hold the liable party responsible for your injuries and losses.
Our Washington Automatic Door Injury Lawyers Can Recover the Compensation You Need
Sustaining injuries from an accident can be overwhelming. Not only do you have to deal with your medical needs, but your injuries could also result in a change in income making your financial situation stressful. Our premises liability lawyers understand how you are feeling and strive to take that burden off of you. We work hard to recover your compensation so you can focus on getting better.
Based on your injuries and accident circumstances in Washington state, you could be eligible to recover compensation such as:
- Medical care – Compensation could be available for current and future medical needs related to your injuries from the accident. It is important you know your treatment plan so we understand the extent of your medical needs for your recovery.
- Income change – As a result of your injuries, you could be missing work temporarily or you could be home for a long time. If your injuries will prevent you from doing the same type of work you did before you may be eligible to receive compensation for reduced earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering – If you have endured physical, mental, and/or emotional pain you could recover compensation. Trauma from an accident can significantly impact your life.
A Washington automatic door injury lawyer can evaluate your losses to determine how much compensation you could recover. We will use our resources and speak with qualified medical experts and legal experts to help determine any future needs you may have to ensure you are receiving the compensation you need.
For a free legal consultation with a automatic door injury lawyer serving Washington, call (725) 900-9000
Automatic Door Lawyers from Van Law Can Help You Throughout the Legal Process
Facing the aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming. Our lawyers at Van Law are here for you throughout the entire process. We know you are juggling many different aspects, which is why we will focus on your legal needs so you can focus on recovery.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Free consultations to determine how to best serve you – During this meeting, you share the preliminary details of your case and ask any questions you have. We will determine if you have a valid case and provide you with options on how to move forward.
- Investigating your accident – This includes collecting evidence, proving the cause of your injuries, and who is liable.
- Identify damages – We will thoroughly identify the different harms you have suffered and determine the total value of your recoverable damages.
- Negotiate a settlement – When we speak with other parties on your behalf, we have your best interests in mind. Ensuring you receive a just settlement is our top priority.
- Paperwork – We will fill out and file all necessary paperwork related to your case.
- Sue for damages if necessary – We will represent you in court if we are unable to reach an agreement for settlement.
It is important you speak with an automatic door injury lawyer as soon after the accident as possible. The state of Washington only provides a two-year window to file a lawsuit from the date of the accident.
Determining a Premises Liability Case
Through our investigation, we will be able to determine who is liable for the accident. We will also look at maintenance records, recalls, and any other pertinent documentation that could help prove liability.
We can determine the defendant was negligent by failing to provide a safe environment which caused your injuries and damages.
Washington Automatic Door Injury Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
Possible Injuries from Automatic Doors
Every automatic door has specific warnings, specified machinery, and required maintenance. When a component malfunctions, injuries can happen. Some common ways injuries can happen from automatic doors malfunctioning include:
- An overhead crush can happen when a door goes up and down, putting pressure and holding someone down
- Blunt force trauma when a door hits a person unexpectedly
- Lacerations can happen when glass breaks
- Pinch point injuries happened when a person’s limb or digit gets in between doors or a small space
These accidents can cause more specific types of injuries that range in severity, impacting your day-to-day functioning.
Blunt force trauma can lead to lacerations or cuts as a result of glass breaking. This injury may need stitches and cause bruising.
Broken Bones, Sprains, or Tears
These injuries often have similar symptoms and can be hard to diagnose. Trauma to muscles, ligaments, and bones can cause varying complications.
Neck and Back Injuries
Neck and back injuries can impact your mobility, affecting how you function normally.
Spinal Cord Injury
Damage to any part of the spinal cord or nerves can create permanent changes in strength, sensation, and other body functions below the site of the injury. Spinal cord injuries can affect every aspect of your life.
Head injuries can range from concussions to traumatic brain injuries. Depending on how the scalp, skull, brain, and underlying tissue and blood vessels in the head have been affected by the trauma endured during the accident can determine how severe your head injury is.
The severity of your injuries impacts the amount of recoverable compensation because of your medical needs and the pain you have suffered and will continue to suffer. It is important to seek medical attention directly after the accident regardless of how you are feeling. An expert needs to assess your injuries to help develop a course of treatment so you can begin to recover.
Call Van Law Today to Schedule Your Free Consultation
If you or a loved one were injured in the state of Washington because of an automatic door malfunction, a Washington automatic door injury lawyer from our firm can help you seek legal action to hold the liable party responsible. Determining how to move forward from the accident can be stressful, but Van Law is here to help. We are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson