Slip and fall accidents are serious, often resulting in hip injuries, broken bones, and head trauma. On their own, these injuries are difficult to deal with. Proving that the negligent management of a grocery store led to your fall can be an added stress that interferes with your recovery. Thankfully, gathering evidence to support your case doesn’t have to be your burden to bear.
If your slip and fall accident was caused by negligent grocery store owners, you could qualify for compensation. Our Washington grocery store slip and fall lawyer will handle your case from beginning to end, so while you recover, we will file your claim or lawsuit and negotiate for your financial award. At Van Law, we’re ready to fight for what you deserve.
Recovering Damages After a Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents often cause serious injuries, like broken bones and head trauma. Luckily, you don’t need to bear the burden of these injuries without compensation. You may be eligible to recover the following types of losses, per Washington state law:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of employment
- Emotional distress
This is only an overview of relevant damages. Some damages not noted here may apply to your case. At Van Law, we can evaluate your medical records to determine which damages you qualify to claim.
In the state of Washington, grocery stores typically carry a form of insurance called general liability insurance. This protects businesses from lawsuits related to customer injuries by offering compensation to accident victims. Therefore, it’s likely that your case will begin with insurance negotiations.
Insurance negotiations don’t always work out, however. The insurer might deny your claim or argue that you were responsible for your injuries. If this occurs, you could file a lawsuit against the grocery store. Lawsuits end in either:
- Out-of-court settlements: Lawyers and grocery stores tend to avoid civil trials whenever possible. For this reason, lawsuits are usually settled outside of court. Our team can negotiate for an out-of-court settlement on your behalf.
- Civil trial: Civil trials are lengthy, costly, and adversarial. However, they’re sometimes necessary if settlement negotiations don’t produce desirable results.
At Van Law, we can explain the pros and cons of each approach. We won’t move forward with your case until you’re comfortable with us doing so.
For a free legal consultation with a grocery store slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Washington, call (725) 900-9000
Should I Hire a Washington Grocery Store Slip and Fall Lawyer?
In Washington state, you’re allowed to pursue claims and lawsuits without hiring a lawyer. Doing so would make you a “pro se” claimant. However, without the help of a lawyer, you may run into several challenges, like:
- Aggressive insurers: General liability insurers aren’t charity organizations, they’re businesses. They’ll do everything in their power to bar you from accessing the compensation you deserve.
- Difficulty understanding legal proceedings: There’s a reason lawyers study for years before practicing law – legal matters are difficult to understand for the layperson.
- Lack of time: Pursuing compensation is a full-time job. You may not have the energy or resources to give your slip-and-fall case the focus it needs.
How a Premises Liability Lawyer at Van Law Will Help You Overcome Challenges
A Washington grocery store slip and fall attorney from our team can address these challenges. At Van Law, we focus on solutions and results. These are the services we provide to our clients:
- Explaining your options and next steps
- Aggressively pursuing fair compensation
- Always protecting your rights and best interests
- Gathering evidence to determine who’s responsible for your injuries
- Keeping your case on track by filing relevant documentation
- Taking your case to court if needed
Other perks of working alongside Van Law include:
- The confidence that comes with thousands of positive case results and hundreds of five-star reviews
- Multi-lingual support – we offer our services in Spanish, English, and Mandarin
- 24/7 availability
- Legal representation for no upfront costs or fees
- 100 years of combined legal experience focused on resolving your case
This is what our previous clients have said about working with our team:
- “I want to thank Van Law Firm for the hard work and dedication they put into my case. My case manager Norma was great and explained everything in detail and answered any questions I had.” – Darla S
- “My experience with this firm was great. I worked with Yesenia who kept me updated every step of the way and answered questions I had and there was a lot. Helped make sure my daughter was included as well.” – Mary T.
Washington Grocery Store Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
What Qualifies as a Grocery Store Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall cases fall under the umbrella of a personal injury category known as premises liability. In Washington state, a property owner (such as the grocery store owner) is liable for the injuries of invitees (grocery store customers) if:
- They know about conditions that could cause a slip-and-fall accident
- They fail to undergo reasonable care in discovering hazards to invitees
- They fail to protect invitees from said hazard by repairing the problem or posting a warning
- An invitee suffers injuries as a result of said hazard
Examples of Slip and Fall Hazards That Often Result in Injuries
Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Icy walkways
- Poorly maintained carpeting
- Slick floors
- Defective stairs or railings
How Do I Know if I Have a Case?
Slip-and-fall cases are often complex. You’ll need to gather various types of evidence to prove the required elements of liability. If you’re seriously injured, it may be challenging to determine if you’re eligible for compensation without outside support.
A Washington grocery store slip and fall lawyer from our team has this base covered. We can review the details of your case and advise you on pursuing compensation. If we believe that another party is responsible for your injuries, we can go further, gathering evidence like:
- Security camera footage
- Witnesses statements
- Expert input
- Your medical records
This evidence could be used to show that the grocery store involved in your accident knew about the hazard that caused your injuries but failed to address it, making them responsible for your damages.
Click to contact our Grocery Store Slip and Fall Lawyers today
The Washington Slip and Fall Statute of Limitations
The Washington personal injury statute of limitations per RCW 4.16.080 mandates:
- You have three years from the date of your slip and fall injury to file a lawsuit
- If you miss this deadline, it’s likely that you will be barred from pursuing compensation
Various caveats apply to this deadline, which could make it longer or shorter depending on the context of your case.
Similarly, your case may not require a lawsuit. However, lawsuits are useful legal tools for leveraging settlement negotiations in your favor. For that reason, it’s best to get started on your case as soon as you can.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Started on Your Slip and Fall Case Today
Ready to begin fighting for compensation? Our team proudly serves communities throughout Washington state. Call our firm for a free case evaluation today.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson