A hit and run accident can leave victims with severe injuries, significant expenses, and many questions about how to get financial justice. If you or your loved one was hurt in a collision with a hit and run driver, a Lakewood car accident lawyer with Van Law Firm can help you seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
Our legal team has over a decade of experience serving clients across Washington and Nevada. Our Lakewood hit and run accident attorneys will put our knowledge and resources behind securing the damages you need to get back on your feet. Contact us today at Van Law Firm for a free, no-obligation consultation.
How To Seek Hit and Run Accident Damages in Lakewood
Washington is an at-fault insurance state, meaning drivers must carry auto liability coverage to pay for damages if they are legally responsible for a car accident. Unfortunately, when a negligent driver flees the scene, holding them financially accountable becomes more difficult. However, you are not without options after a hit and run collision.
Our Lakewood personal injury lawyers can review your case and assist you with one or more of the following:
- A claim with your insurance provider. Uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) motorist insurance usually pays for injuries and damages caused by hit and run drivers. If you carry this optional coverage, we can help you file a claim and pursue fair compensation up to your policy limit.
- A claim against the hit and run driver. The police will investigate your accident and may be able to locate the at-fault driver. If they find the liable motorist, your hit and run accident lawyer in Lakewood, WA can seek compensation via a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
- A claim against a liable third party. We may be able to hold other liable parties financially responsible, including a driver’s employer, a property owner, a government entity, or a vehicle or auto parts manufacturer. Identifying and establishing third-party liability can be especially important in cases where it is impossible to pursue damages from the hit and run motorist.
For a free legal consultation with a hit and run accidents lawyer serving Lakewood, call (725) 900-9000
Recoverable Hit and Run Car Accident Compensation
Van Law Firm has achieved multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for injured clients like you. We will do everything possible to protect your rights and secure your economic future by obtaining advantageous awards.
In general, car accident compensation may include the following:
- Ambulance transportation and emergency medical treatment
- Hospital and doctor fees
- Prescription drugs
- Mobility aids, medical devices, and medical equipment
- Physical therapy
- Long-term nursing
- Lost wages, earnings, and employment benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
- Reduced quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Lakewood Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
Our Lakewood Hit and Run Accident Lawyers Can Investigate Your Crash
Our Lakewood hit and run crash attorneys will thoroughly investigate your accident. We may find evidence that could help police locate the driver or prove there are liable third parties. The evidence we collect may include the following:
- Photographs and debris from the accident scene
- Eyewitness accounts
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Surveillance, dashcam, or cell phone video of the collision
- Testimony from crash reconstructionists and other case experts
In addition to investigating, our legal team will do the following to build your case:
- Identify and calculate your economic and non-economic damages
- Complete and file insurance and legal paperwork
- Track and manage deadlines
- Handle emails, phone calls, and meetings with involved parties
- Aggressively negotiate for a fair settlement
- Prepare a personal injury lawsuit
- Represent you at trial, if necessary
Let our personal injury law firm manage your legal issue, so you can focus on your health and family. Contact us today at Van Law Firm to schedule a free consultation.
Why Do Motor Vehicle Drivers Hit and Run?
RCW § 46.52.020 states that motorists in Washington must stop immediately following any crash involving bodily injuries, death, or property damage. Failure to do so can result in criminal and civil penalties. So, why do drivers take the risk?
According to the AAA Foundation for Auto Safety, the following factors increase the likelihood a driver will flee the scene of an accident:
- Drunk driving. Intoxicated drivers are more likely to leave the scene of a crash to avoid drunk driving penalties or subsequent DUIs if they have prior violations.
- Crash visibility. Drivers are more likely to hit and run if they think no one saw the accident. For this reason, hit and run crashes are more common at night and in rural areas.
- Driver characteristics. Studies find young males are the most likely to flee an accident scene.
What Should You Do If a Negligent Driver Leaves the Scene?
If you are the victim of a hit and run motor vehicle accident, you should write down anything you can remember about the vehicle that hit you, such as the car’s color, make, and model. Record any numbers you saw on the license plate, even if you only got a partial plate number. Also list any additional details about the crash, including the date, time, location, and weather conditions.
As soon as you are physically able, report your accident to the police if they were not called to the scene at the time of the collision. You should also consider reaching out to a hit and run accident attorney in Lakewood, WA, so our firm can begin an investigation before evidence gets lost or witnesses’ memories fade.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Long Do You Have to Pursue a Hit and Run Case in Lakewood?
Washington’s statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death is three years, according to RCW § 4.16.080. You must file your lawsuit before the deadline expires, or the court will likely throw out your suit. Waiting too long will also reduce your insurance bargaining power. We can help you get started today.
Contact Van Law Firm for Hit and Run Accident Assistance
Contact Van Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, so cost is never a barrier to securing our services. Your Lakewood hit and run accident lawyer only gets paid if and when they help you obtain compensation. A team member is available 24/7 to help you connect with a personal injury attorney near you.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson