Personal injury cases can involve a variety of accidents and liable parties. These complex cases can be overwhelming to you when recovering from injuries. Hiring legal representation can take the weight off your shoulders.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries after an accident in Nevada, you can work with our Nevada personal injury lawyers to seek justice. The team at Van Law Firm has already won millions of dollars on behalf of our personal injury clients, and we’re ready to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Find Out What Your Personal Injury Case Is Worth
Any personal injury incident can cost you a lot of money, such as medical bills and lost income if you have to miss work. These expenses may only continue if you end up needing long-term medical care for a disabling condition.
A Nevada personal injury attorney from our law firm can review every aspect of your case to account for your losses. According to NRS 41A.007 and NRS 41A.011, the types of economic and non-economic damages we can help you recover through a personal injury claim may include:
- Costs of medical treatment
- Lost earnings
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Inconvenience and quality of life issues
- Disability or disfigurement
While your economic damages come with receipts, non-economic damages can be harder to calculate. We can work with experts to put a monetary value on those damages.
When people try to handle their own personal injury cases, they may not realize that they can get compensation for damages that don’t have a clear monetary value. They also may not realize when they qualify for more compensation than an insurance company offers. A personal injury lawyer from Van Law Firm will make sure that you know exactly what your claim is worth and help you get fair compensation.
How Our Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You
We know that filing a lawsuit after a personal injury can be intimidating, but you don’t have to handle your personal injury case alone. Our Nevada personal injury lawyers can help with:
- Investigating the cause of your personal injury incident
- Identifying all the parties who contributed to or directly caused your accident
- Gathering evidence to prove negligence or liability
- Taking calls and emails from the insurance company
- Calculating all your economic and non-economic damages
- Filing legal complaints and managing insurance claims
- Negotiating for a worthy settlement
- Representing you in a trial
Van Law Firm will be your legal advocate and your support system through the process of seeking recovery. We’re ready to work for you.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Nevada
Personal injury law is a vast practice area, and victims can suffer different types of injuries that warrant compensation. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we handle in Nevada:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Workplace accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
Not sure whether your injury qualifies as a personal injury claim? A Nevada personal injury attorney from Van Law Firm can evaluate your case for free and determine whether you have a case.
We’ll Hold All Responsible Parties Accountable for Your Personal Injury Incident
In general, there are three grounds for bringing a personal injury claim:
- Negligence: This refers to someone failing to act with reasonable care in a situation that causes harm to another person. For example, a driver who fails to obey a traffic law and causes an accident may be considered negligent.
- Strict liability: This refers to someone being liable for their role in a situation that harms another, no matter their intention or mental state when the situation occurred. For example, in some states, dog owners are held strictly liable for their pet if it bites another person. Nevada does not have strict liability for pet owners.
- Intentional harm: This refers to someone who knowingly attempts to cause harm to another person. This includes actions such as battery and assault.
Depending on the type of personal injury you suffered, you could hold many different parties accountable for your damages. For instance, you might hold a negligent driver accountable for your auto accident or a business owner for your slip and fall accident.
In many cases, the insurance providers of the liable parties provide you compensation. That’s because many personal injury cases involve at least one party with a relevant form of insurance, such as auto insurance or premises liability insurance.
Nevada’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases
The statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Nevada is two years from the date the incident occurred, per NRS § 11.190(4)(e). However, certain personal injury cases, such as civil actions for sexual abuse, or bad faith cases against your own insurance carrier, have their own statutes of limitations.
A personal injury lawyer at our firm can help you determine how much time you have to file a lawsuit. We can also preserve your right to recover compensation by making sure your lawsuit is filed before time runs out.
The Nevada Personal Injury Attorneys From Van Law Firm Are Here for You
If you or a loved one have suffered at the hands of another person, whether it be in an accident or intentional attack, Van Law Firm is here for you. Our team is prepared to thoroughly investigate your personal injury case, calculate the true value of your damages, and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call our Las Vegas office at (725) 900-9000 for your free case evaluation. We can explain how our Nevada personal injury lawyers can help.
Let us help you!