Las Vegas Train Accident Attorney Helping Victims with Injury Lawsuits
If you were injured in a train accident in Nevada, you may be able to recover sizable compensatory damages. Reach out to our office to find out how we can help get your medical bills and accident-related losses paid even if you were partially at fault for your accident. Whether you’re a passenger, a pedestrian, a railroad worker, or a motorist, there are legal options available that can ease the financial burdens you now face so you can get your life back on track.
Trains Are Common Carriers
Common carriers are entities that transport goods or passengers for a fee, like freight trains or commuter trains. Common carriers owe the highest duty of care to the public. Train companies are responsible for following regular maintenance and inspection routines and cargo loading rules to make sure their equipment and the tracks they travel on do not pose hazards that could injure people. Even the slightest lapse in care can result in train operator liability if passengers are hurt.
If you were hurt in a train accident in Nevada, call us today at 725-900-9000. Consultations are always free.
Pursuing Compensation for Train Accident Injuries in Nevada
For a free legal consultation with a train accidents lawyer serving Nevada, call (725) 900-9000
The first step in pursuing compensation for train accident injuries is to determine fault. In Nevada, even if you were up to 50% at fault for the incident that caused you to be hurt, you may be able to recover damages. While the judge will reduce your injury award proportionally, you could still be entitled to a substantial recovery amount. For example, if you are determined to be 20% to blame for the accident, you could still recover 80% of your award. When assigning fault in a train crash or injury accident, the courts will evaluate various types of evidence including:
- Surveillance videos
- Photographs of contributing factors like damaged or defective train tracks, dangerous handrails, or malfunctioning train traffic signals and crossing guards
- Drug and alcohol test results
Defendants in a Train Accident
There are multiple entities that may be defendants in a train accident lawsuit. You may be able to sue:
- The Railway Company: If the train company engaged in any negligent acts, it may be held liable for the resulting injuries. Negligent acts may include hiring workers who are unqualified, not providing the proper training to employees, failing to adequately inspect, maintain or repair the train or the tracks, or even failing to clean up spills that cause passengers to slip and fall.
- The Train Conductor: A train conductor who is impaired by alcohol, street drugs, or even prescription medications may be held accountable for your injuries if his actions, or inaction, contributed to your injuries. Additionally, conductors who are distracted, speeding, or are otherwise operating a train recklessly can be held liable.
- Manufacturers: When a defective part contributes to a train accident in Nevada, the product manufacturer can he held responsible for the injuries or deaths that result.
Recovering Damages from Train Companies
Nevada Train Accident Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
Train companies are extremely large business operations. They typically have a team of train accident attorneys and large insurance companies on their side when a train accident happens. When you attempt to pursue compensation after a train accident, their representatives will stop at nothing to minimize your injuries, blame you for the incident, and reduce your claim. In many cases, they will try to pressure you into accepting a settlement that does not accurately reflect your losses.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson