If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one due to a defective or unsafe consumer product, you may be able to receive compensation from those responsible, including the product manufacturers. Personal injury and wrongful death claims involving potentially dangerous products can be complex. You may decide to call in the guidance of a Nevada product liability lawyer.
At Van Law, our Nevada personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping individuals harmed by negligence or dangerous products pursue the compensation they deserve for their losses.
What does Our Product Liability Lawyer Do for Clients in Nevada?
According to the National Safety Council, in 2022, 12.7 million patients were treated in emergency departments for injuries caused by consumer products. If you suffered an injury because of one of these products, our legal team will:
- Explain your legal options for pursuing justice against the seller or manufacturer of the product
- Answer any questions you have
- Find proof of any design defects that led to your injury
- Determine which damages you can recover based on the harm the defective product caused
- Speak to your doctors and other expert witnesses who can link your injuries to the defective product
We’ll also manage your case without taking any upfront or out-of-pocket payments from you. We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we only ask you to pay us a percentage of your compensation once we win or settle your case.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Nevada, call (725) 900-9000
What Damages Can You Pursue in a Nevada Product Liability Claim?
Damages in personal injury and wrongful death claims represent the losses of those who’ve been harmed by a consumer product. Personal injury survivors may be entitled to several forms of compensation, including the following:
- Medical expenses, such as emergency treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, rehab, doctor’s visits, prescription medication, etc.
- Loss of income resulting from needing to take time off of work
- Diminished earning capacity, which refers to the long-term impact on the survivor’s ability to earn a living due to their injuries
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
Recoverable Wrongful Death Damages in Nevada
The family members of those fatally injured by a consumer product may be able to pursue damages in a wrongful death claim, including the following:
- The decedent’s outstanding medical bills
- Funeral, burial, or cremation expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s future financial contributions
- Loss of the decedent’s companionship, love, and guidance
- Mental anguish
What Is the Nevada Statute of Limitations for Product Liability Claims?
The statute of limitations in Nevada for product liability lawsuits is generally two years per NRS § 11.190(4)(e). This means that you have two years to file your case, whether your loved one died or you suffered an injury.
If you do not file your claim within this timeline, you will give up your right to pursue compensation in the future. A Nevada product liability lawyer from Van Law will ensure that you’re aware of any case deadlines.
Nevada Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
How do You Prove Liability in Your Case?
Unlike most claims, you do not have to prove negligence in a product liability case. Manufacturers and others involved in hazardous consumer products are subject to a legal principle known as strict liability. This means that these parties, regardless of their intent, can be held liable for any injuries caused by their defective products, regardless of whether negligence was a factor.
Instead, to prove responsibility in a product liability claim, you and your attorney will need to provide evidence that the product was defective or unreasonably dangerous and that the defect or hazard caused your injuries. This can be performed by your attorney by gathering documentation, expert testimonies, and other supporting evidence to bolster your claim.
It may also be necessary to demonstrate that the manufacturer or other party in the chain of the product’s distribution failed to provide adequate warnings or instructions concerning the product’s proper use. A Nevada product liability lawyer can also handle this task if it applies to your case.
Product Liability Accidents and Injuries That May Entitle You to Compensation
Product liability claims can arise from a wide variety of cases, including design and manufacturing defects, insufficient warnings or instructions, and failure to recall, repair, or issue warnings about known defects.
The following are some common types of product liability cases we’ve handled:
- Defective automobile parts: Examples include tire blowouts due to defective tires and brake failures, both of which can lead to a wide range of car collisions and serious injuries.
- Defective medical devices: Faulty home medical products, such as leaky oxygen concentrators or tanks that can cause household products to become more flammable, increasing the risk of fire.
- Malfunctioning appliances: Faulty wiring or design flaws in household appliances can result in fires, electrocution, and severe burns.
- Children’s products: Toys with small parts that pose choking hazards. Malfunctioning or improperly designed playground equipment can also lead to serious injuries in children.
- Contaminated food: Products contaminated with bacteria, toxins, or foreign materials can cause severe food-borne illnesses that can result in chronic health conditions or death.
- Construction equipment failures: Malfunctioning construction machinery and equipment such as power tools can lead to workplace accidents and injuries.
- Flammable clothing and textiles: Clothing items that catch fire easily due to manufacturing defects.
- Flammable furniture: Materials such as fabrics and foams that are not treated or fire-resistant increase the risk of fire, burns, and smoke inhalation.
- Chemical exposure: Household products with toxic chemicals that cause harm due to poor packaging or inadequate warnings.
These examples show the wide range of products and industries where defects and lack of documentation can result in potentially severe accidents and injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Van Law to Learn More About Product Liability Cases
Consumers frequently purchase products that they know must be used with extreme caution. However, many are unaware of the hazards they are facing due to purchasing a product that should be safe but turns out to be faulty and dangerous. In some situations, being injured by one of these products can be catastrophic and even lead to death.
At Van Law, we encourage you to contact our Nevada product liability law firm if you’ve been harmed or lost a loved one in a consumer product-related accident. You can receive a free case review and learn more about your legal rights and the options you can explore to seek the compensation you deserve.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson