All property owners, whether they own a home, office, or store, must exercise reasonable care to keep visitors safe from harm. This requires continuously monitoring the premises and correcting hazards as they occur. When failure to do so causes an injury to someone, negligence has occurred.
We know why you’re here. You were injured while visiting another party’s property. Now, you wonder what recourse you have. Van Law Firm advocates for people in your situation. A premises liability lawyer from our team can pursue the compensation you need to pay for your medical bills and account for your lost income. We offer free case evaluations.
What Constitutes a Premises Liability Case?
If you were injured on another party’s property, and they knew (or should have known) about a particular hazard, you can file a claim or lawsuit. Pursuing damages requires us to know what caused your accident. By reviewing the police report, surveillance footage, and witnesses’ statements, we can accomplish this.
One or more of the following dangers could have caused your condition:
- Slippery floors
- An unrestrained animal
- Loose carpeting or unanchored tiles
- Uneven walkways
- Poor lighting
- Debris in a walkway
- A falling object
- Exposure to a toxic chemical
After learning the cause of your accident, we must establish:
- A property owner had a reasonable obligation to keep visitors from harm.
- They breached this obligation by failing to address a hazardous condition.
- You were hurt.
- You suffered damages.
A premises liability lawyer from Van Law Firm can prove these required elements. They can also file your claim, negotiate with the insurer, and push for a fair resolution.
What You Can Expect from Our Team’s Representation
Proving that an injury you suffered while visiting a store, business, or residence isn’t always straightforward. Many homeowners have liability insurance, and business owners are almost always required to carry it. However, insurers aren’t always willing to settle claims in good faith.
Managing your insurance claim is just one of the many services we offer. During our partnership, you can expect:
- Constant communication. Reaching your lawyer is just a phone call or text away. We’re available around the clock to address your questions.
- An evaluation of your damages. We want to recover the full cost of your past, present, and future healthcare expenses. We will evaluate your damages based on your specific situation.
- Support from a high-rated firm. You’re not our first premises liability client. We’ve resolved countless cases just like yours – some with seven-figure outcomes. You can learn more about our commitment to client satisfaction by reviewing our testimonials.
- Protection from bad faith insurance practices. Not all insurance companies are eager to pay claims. That’s where we come in. We rely on our investigative resources and knowledge of state law to advocate for what you need.
- Representation in all case-related matters. You don’t have to worry about juggling communications with multiple parties. Your premises liability lawyer from Van Law Firm will represent you at the negotiating table and in the courtroom.
You Can Get Legal Help With No Upfront Fees or Costs
Van Law Firm believes in client service and getting paid for performance. Our team takes premises liability cases on a contingency-fee basis. We don’t have hourly rates, retainers, or upfront costs.
We’re here to win your case, not give you another bill when your injury is already causing you stress. You can learn more about this hassle-free arrangement during your free case evaluation.
Recoverable Damages in Your Premises Liability Case
Your final settlement should account for your injury-related losses, which may comprise:
- Medical bills
- Lost income, tips, bonuses, and commissions
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Funeral arrangements
- Various out-of-pocket losses
Your damages are split into two categories: economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages account for your direct, monetary losses. Non-economic damages refer to the accident’s effect on your health and well-being. We’ll pursue both.
How Much Can I Recover Via a Claim or Lawsuit?
Although we’ve managed many premises liability cases, yours is different from the rest. Your damages, injuries, and losses are unique to your situation. We believe your damages’ value should reflect that.
When evaluating your losses, we’ll ask:
- How long is your recovery period expected to last?
- How much time will you miss from work?
- Will you ever return to your previous quality of life?
- Did you contribute to the accident in any way?
- Did you lose a loved one to negligence?
We won’t settle for a penny less than you’re owed. If that means presenting your case in court, we’re prepared to do it.
Who Is at Fault in a Premises Liability Case?
Finding the at-fault party (or parties) in a premises liability case is critically important. This lets us determine who should pay for your losses. Once we learn the at-fault party’s identity, we can determine liability. Liability generally rests with an insurance provider. Fault may rest with a:
- Property owner or manager
- Construction site manager
- Product manufacturer
- Third-party security company
One or more of these parties could be financially responsible for your losses. Don’t worry about parsing through evidence and conducting your own investigation. While you recover from your condition, we’ll do your case’s heavy lifting.
What do Previous Clients Share About Van Law?
Nothing sums up our commitment to client satisfaction better than our clients. Some have disclosed:
- “I want to thank Van Law Firm for the hard work and dedication they put into my case. My case manager Norma was great and explained everything in detail and answered any questions I had.” – D.S.
- “My experience with this firm was great. I worked with Yesenia who kept me updated every step of the way and answered [whatever] questions I had and they were a lot. Helped make sure my daughter was included as well.” – M.T.
Dedicated. Knowledgeable. Communicative. These are just some of the words our clients use to describe our quality of service.
Begin Your Free Case Evaluation With Van Law
Are you ready to explore your legal options? Do you have questions about partnering with our premises liability team? Van Law Firm is ready to take your call now. During our discussion, we can talk about your case, injuries, and damages.
Let us help you!