If you or a family member slipped and fell at the gym, you can likely collect damages from the gym owner. However, you’d have to build a case first and protect it from the owner and their insurer. They’ll do everything they have to in order to diminish your case and your damages.
Our firm can build and protect your case for you. One of our lawyers will work for you in an affordable contingency-fee arrangement, establish your damages for you, establish liability, negotiate on your behalf for a settlement, and, if necessary, litigate. In a free consultation, we’ll be able to tell you more about working with your Nevada gym slip and fall lawyer.
What Is the Slip and Fall Law in Nevada?
In Nevada, if a person slips, falls, and gets hurt on someone else’s property, and if the property owner’s actions caused or mostly contributed to the incident, the injured person can demand damages from the property owner. The injured person can file a claim through the owner’s insurance or a lawsuit directly against the owner.
However, the injured person must build a case first. They’ll also have to prevent the owner and their insurance company from diminishing the case and the person’s damages, or they’ll have to persuade a judge to compensate them fairly. All of this can be really difficult for a claimant to do themselves.
For a free legal consultation with a gym slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Nevada, call (725) 900-9000
What Damages Can I Get in My Nevada Slip and Fall Case?
As a victim of someone else’s negligent actions, you can get all of your damages from them. These damages can include physical, financial, and other damages. You might have trouble identifying and evaluating all of your damages, but your doctor and one of our firm’s slip and fall lawyers can help.
You may be able to pursue and recover:
- Your physical damages, such as your pain and suffering
- Your medical expenses, including your expenses for various therapies, like physical therapy
- Your lost income, as well as any loss in your income-earning potential
- Your mental and emotional suffering, and any loss in your ability to enjoy certain activities anymore
- Wrongful death damages for your family if you lost a family member due to a fatal slip and fall
Nevada Gym Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
What Can a Nevada Gym Slip and Fall Lawyer Do for Me?
Today, you may still be managing your injuries and family matters. So you can focus on these things, you should leave your case with a lawyer from our firm. Your lawyer will manage every aspect of your case and assist you in many other ways.
You can expect your lawyer to:
- Work for you in an affordable arrangement: In a contingency-fee arrangement, your lawyer won’t charge any legal fees until and unless your lawyer recovers damages for you.
- Refer you for further care: If you require further medical care, your lawyer can refer you to experts in various medical fields.
- Help you establish your damages: Your lawyer will be able to identify financial damages you may incur in the future, as well as intangible damages you may not be able to identify yourself, like loss of consortium.
- Help to value your damages: So you can actually claim your intangible damages, your lawyer will give fair monetary values to them.
- Build your case with evidence: This evidence could be footage from a camera inside the gym, a statement from a witness, and many other kinds of evidence.
- Bolster your case: If your case goes to court, your lawyer can get invaluable corroborating evidence for your case, such as testimony from an expert witness, like a slip and fall accident reconstructionist.
- Fully establish liability: To do this, your lawyer will show the insurer (or judge) that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, the party breached this duty, the breach in duty caused the incident, and the incident resulted in your damages.
- Negotiate for a settlement: In negotiations, your lawyer will protect your case by preventing the insurer from diminishing the case or your damages.
- Threaten to sue, if necessary: If the insurer doesn’t act in good faith and make a fair settlement offer, your lawyer may be able to threaten them with a bad-faith lawsuit.
- Litigate, if necessary: If the insurer still doesn’t make a fair offer, your lawyer will file a lawsuit, take your case to court, and resolve your case with a judge.
Click to contact our Gym Slip and Fall Lawyers today
What is the Statute of Limitations for Slip and Falls in Nevada?
Something else your lawyer will do for you is help you meet the deadline for a slip and fall lawsuit. According to Nevada’s statute of limitations (NRS § 11.190(4)(e))), this deadline is within 2 years of the date of a slip and fall.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
About Our Gym Slip and Fall Lawyers in Nevada
With over 100 years of combined experience in personal injury law, our legal team knows how to handle a case like yours, even if it goes to court. Our attorneys have settled and successfully litigated thousands of cases for clients in Nevada and beyond, and have obtained over $50 million so far for clients like you. And due to their success, our team has more than 500 five-star reviews across many reputable websites, including Avvo.
Our attorneys can do much more than resolve your case for you. They can also refer you for medical care and even find a medical professional to corroborate your case. A member of our team can speak with you in Spanish, Mandarin, or another language, if you like.
To learn more about our attorneys and what they can do for you, you can consult with us. The consultation will be free and if you hire one of our attorneys, your attorney can work for you in the affordable contingency-fee arrangement. We may even be able to provide a home visit.
Learn More About Our Gym Slip and Fall Attorneys in Nevada
If you or a family member slipped and fell at the gym, our firm can build and protect your case for you. One of our attorneys will even litigate in order to protect your case and recover your damages. You can expect a lot out of your Nevada gym slip and fall attorney.
To learn more and consult with us for free, contact Van Law today. We serve Las Vegas, Henderson, and the rest of Nevada.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson