If you were injured during a visit to a private residence, retail store, or another premises in Auburn, WA, you could be facing serious physical and life challenges. Your injury may have been preventable or caused by the negligence of the property owner, manager, or proprietor. In this case, you could have the legal right to demand compensation. An Auburn, WA premises liability lawyer can help you collect compensation for your injuries.
At Van Law Firm, we know how to hold careless property owners and others responsible for their negligence. We can stand up for your rights and seek the best possible financial results available. Let us take on your legal challenges so that you can focus on your recovery.
What Damages Can You Receive in a Premises Liability Case?
It’s no secret that medical bills can be expensive. Even a relatively minor injury can cost tens of thousands of dollars to properly treat. That could include immediate and ongoing treatment of an injury you sustained on someone’s premises. Medical expenses are almost always at the top of the list of economic damages in a premises liability case. However, they are not the only economic damages accident victims suffer.
Other examples of economic damages our premises liability lawyers may pursue on your behalf include:
- Lost wages, in cases where your injuries leave you unable to work
- Reduced ability to earn income, if your injuries prevent you from returning to work for months, years, or even permanently
- Personal property that was destroyed
Many accident victims also suffer losses that don’t have a fixed dollar value, such as pain and suffering or psychological trauma. If, for example, you sustained an injury that prevents you from working and playing sports with your children, we can also demand compensation for lost quality of life. This is an example of non-economic damages. Our premises liability lawyers will demand the full amount of both your economic and non-economic damages.
What Is Your Auburn, WA Premises Liability Case Worth?
The value of your premises liability case is the sum total of the economic and non-economic damages you suffer. However, that total can differ widely from case to case. Variables like your medical bills and how much pain and suffering your injuries caused are all specific to your situation. That’s why estimating the dollar value of your case is something you may want to hire a premises liability attorney to help you with.
Van Law Firm offers free case consultations to all prospective clients. We welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your case and give you our professional opinion about your options. While we will need to investigate your case’s facts to tell you the exact amount you could recover, we can explain which damages you may qualify for during your free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Auburn, call (725) 900-9000
What Can an Auburn Premises Liability Attorney Do for You?
A premises liability attorney from Van Law Firm can help prove that your accident was caused by the negligence of the property owner. We do that through an evidence-gathering process that includes:
- Requesting documents such as occupancy permits and other safety certificates to make sure they are up to date and in compliance with local codes
- Requesting any private surveillance video of the incident where you were hurt
- Interviewing you and any witnesses about the circumstances leading up to your accident
- Reviewing the history of the building to see if there is a record of other injuries on the premises
If we find compelling evidence that the owner or operator of the premises where you were injured was negligent, we can make a demand for damages on your behalf. Once that’s done, we’ll fight for you throughout the entirety of your case. That includes:
- Filing your case properly with the courts and ensuring your demand is made before the statute of limitations expires
- Compiling your medical bills and non-economic damages
- Representing you in settlement negotiations with the premises owner, their insurers, or legal representatives
- Representing your case at trial, if necessary
Hire a Premises Liability Lawyer for No Upfront Costs
If you’re dealing with medical bills and/or lost wages from an accident you sustained on someone’s premises, it’s likely that money is tight.
We want you to know that you can get a premises liability lawyer from our firm on your case for no up-front costs. Van Law Firm represents personal injury victims on a contingency basis, which means we only collect a fee if we win your case or collect a settlement.
Auburn Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
Who Can Be Held Liable in an Auburn Premises Liability Case?
Washington law requires property owners to maintain a safe premises under a standard known as a duty of care. When they fail to exercise this duty of care, they can be held liable for damages by the injured party. So, the property owner is almost always one of the parties we seek to hold financially accountable in your premises liability case. However, that liability can extend beyond the property owner.
There are also cases where negligence by someone other than the property owner leads to injuries. For example, if a property owner rents garage space to a mechanic who allows you out onto the shop floor where you are subsequently injured, the mechanic could also share liability for your injuries.
The same principle applies to work done by people that the property owner hires. If there is construction work going on at a property where you’re visiting and a falling object hits you, a premises liability lawyer from our firm might seek to hold both the property owner and the contractor financially responsible. Van Law Firm’s premises liability attorneys will investigate the facts in your case and hold all the liable parties responsible.
How We Show that a Property Owner Is Liable for Your Accident
Simply being injured while on someone else’s premises is not enough to demand damages. To make a credible legal demand for compensation, we must show that the property owner met Washington’s legal standard for negligence. To meet that standard, we must demonstrate the following:
- The property owner has a duty of care to take reasonable safety precautions on their premises.
- Your injury was caused by the failure of the property owner to observe their duty of care. They may have failed to do so by allowing a hazard to exist, failing to correct that hazard in a timely manner, or failing to warn visitors about the hazard.
- Your injury (or injuries) caused you to suffer financial harm and other non-economic damages.
Kinds of Accidents that Can Lead to Premises Liability Cases in Auburn, WA
There is a long list of potential hazards in businesses and private residences that can lead to injury in a premises liability case. Examples of those hazards include but are not limited to the following:
- Falling objects (i.e., construction sites, buildings where renovations are taking place, improperly stacked consumer products)
- Uneven floors (i.e., broken tiles, holes in carpets, blocked hallways or aisles)
- Improperly functioning safety features (i.e., sprinkler systems that don’t come on, faulty smoke or carbon monoxide detectors)
- Faulty fixtures (i.e., malfunctioning escalator or elevator, automatic gate closures, or electrical outlets)
It’s important to realize these are just some potential hazards you can face inside a building or residence. If you don’t see the cause of your injury listed here, a premises liability lawyer from our firm can still fight for your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Van Law Firm for Help With a Premises Liability Case
If you’re ready to seek the compensation you deserve, call our team. Let us fight for you while you focus on getting better.
Contact us today for a free case review. The call is free and comes with no obligation.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
My experience with this firm was great. I worked with Yesenia who kept me updated every step of the way and answered questions I had and they was a lot. Helped make sure my daughter was included as well.Mary Turner
This was the best law firm experience I have ever had in my life and I have had several. Van Law Firm is the best in Vegas and the only law firm I will ever use.Jackin Ralph
I want to thank Van Law Firm for the hard work and dedication they put into my case. My case manager Norma was great and explained everything in detail and answered any questions I had.Darla Storm