Survivors of sexual abuse deserve the full measure of justice. Criminal charges, whether or not your abuser faces them, are not always enough to hold liable parties accountable. A Bellingham WA sexual abuse lawyer from Van Law can also seek a financial recovery for your abuse-related damages.
Our attorneys use the civil justice system to fight for survivors. We will seek compensation for pain and suffering, treatment costs, and any other damages resulting from your abuse.
Why Sexual Abuse Survivors in Bellingham, WA Hire Van Law
Abuse presents realities that even a criminal conviction cannot address. While an abuser may face much-deserved legal penalties, the survivor may still face trauma, treatment expenses, and other damages that take a financial, psychological, emotional, and even physical toll.
The team at Van Law is dedicated to getting justice for survivors in Bellingham, WA. You may hire us to seek a financial recovery because:
- We have proven our worth to other survivors of abuse: The Van Law team has fought for and won compensation for other abuse survivors. Your case in Bellingham will not be the first sexual abuse case we have handled—far from it. Our experience provides a strong foundation as we lead your case.
- We provide compassionate, dignified legal service: We understand that representing a sexual abuse survivor is entirely different than representing anyone else. You deserve a law firm that will handle your case in a respectful, dignified manner. That’s Van Law.
- We are familiar with Bellingham and greater Washington state: Our familiarity with the civil justice system in Bellingham is a plus. We will complete your case as efficiently as we can, though we place the greatest importance on getting a fair settlement for you.
- We provide total financial support: As our client, you won’t pay any out-of-pocket costs. Van Law will cover the entire cost of your case, from filing costs to expert fees and beyond. Your sexual abuse lawyer in Bellingham, WA will only get a fee if we win your case.
Many of the abuse survivors we represent are focused on getting, or keeping, their life on track. You should not have to worry about the details of a legal case. A sexual abuse lawyer from Van Law will manage every detail of the legal process, you just focus on yourself.
Client Testimonials for the Van Law Team Serving Washington
Consider what three of our former clients say about their experiences with Van Law:
- “I want to thank Van Law Firm for the hard work and dedication they put into my case. My case manager Norma was great and explained everything in detail and answered any questions I had.” – Darla Storm
- “My experience with this firm was great. I worked with Yesenia who kept me updated every step of the way and answered questions I had and there were a lot.” – Mary Turner
- “This was the best law firm experience I have ever had in my life and I have had several. Van Law Firm is the best…” – Jackin Ralph
These kinds of experiences are the norm for clients of Van Law. Our team strives to deliver the best legal assistance possible, and you’ll recognize that once you hire us for your case in Bellingham.
For a free legal consultation with a sexual abuse lawyer serving Bellingham, call (725) 900-9000
What Damages Should Sexual Abuse Survivors in Bellingham, WA Get Money For?
Remember that financial compensation is a form of justice for abuse survivors. The harm caused by abuse is often immense, and a settlement or verdict is a way for abusers to pay the price of their actions.
The Van Law team will identify your damages in a private, respectful manner. Those damages may include:
Medical, Psychological, and Emotional Treatment Expenses
Sexual abuse can require medical treatment, as well as medications, counseling, and other therapies for psychological and emotional symptoms. Our team will identify all of your abuse-related treatment costs.
Pain and Suffering
The American Psychological Association (APA) explains that sexual abuse survivors endure a wide range of psychological and emotional issues. We will document the extent of your pain and suffering resulting from abuse.
We’ll determine whether your abuse symptoms have cost you:
- Earning power
- Other professional benefits
Van Law will also identify the cost of all your abuse-related professional damages.
Bellingham Sexual Abuse Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
How Van Law’s Sexual Abuse Attorney in Bellingham, WA Will Fight for Your Financial Recovery
Our attorneys follow a proven sequence when handling our client’s cases. We work to compose the strongest possible case when we enter settlement negotiations, and we generally make our case by:
- Getting evidence of abuse: We may rely on records from criminal proceedings, medical records, police reports, and other official documents to prove your abuse.
- Documenting your damages in a compassionate way: We will create a clear picture of how sexual abuse has negatively affected your life. Our team knows how to document your damages without triggering discomfort, as compassion is essential in all sexual abuse cases.
- Calculating the monetary cost of your damages: Considering all evidence, we will determine exactly how much compensation you deserve.
- Getting expert testimony: Van Law hires experts who can testify about liability, damages, and other aspects of a sexual abuse case.
We will then enter settlement negotiations, demanding that your abuser and other liable parties cover your damages. Our firm works hard to settle cases, as this is generally the most efficient, cost-effective way to get compensation to abuse survivors. Sometimes, though, trial becomes necessary.
Here is Van Law’s promise to you: We won’t ever back down, and we’ll always make decisions based on your best interests. If it is in your best interests to go to trial, that’s what our sexual abuse lawyer in Bellingham, WA will do.
Call Van Law Today for a Free Consultation About Your Sexual Abuse Case in Bellingham, WA
A Bellingham, WA sexual abuse lawyer will resolve your legal case while you continue to focus on your well-being. Life does not stop for your legal case, so allow Van Law to take the fight for justice off your hands.
Call Van Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson