A Yakima car accident lawyer with Van Law Firm can help you explore your options for financial recovery after a hit and run accident. Our legal team has over a decade of experience fighting for injury victims in Washington State and Nevada. We know what it takes to get the money you need and how to support you every step of the way.
Contact us today for a free consultation and learn more about how a Yakima hit and run accident attorney can help you.
Hit and Run Drivers Should Pay For Their Wrongful Actions
Hit and run accidents can be complex because, before you can hold the liable driver financially accountable, police must locate them. If law enforcement finds the motorist who hit you, your personal injury lawyer in Yakima can help you pursue a liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against them.
Unfortunately, sometimes officers cannot find the driver, or when they do, they learn the individual does not have auto insurance. When this happens, it can leave crash victims wondering where to turn. Our legal team can help you find answers.
What If the Police Cannot Find the Liable Motorist?
If police cannot find the at-fault driver who hit you, you may be able to pursue a claim with your insurance provider. If you added optional uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) protection to your policy, it should pay for damages caused by a hit and run driver. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will file a claim and aggressively negotiate for fair compensation up to your policy limit.
Our legal team can also conduct an investigation that may find evidence that helps law enforcement find the hit and run driver or identifies liable third parties that may be responsible for compensating you. Depending on the circumstances of your crash, you may have a claim against a property owner, a government entity, a manufacturer, or a driver’s employer.
For a free legal consultation with a hit and run accidents lawyer serving Yakima, call (725) 900-9000
Recoverable Hit and Run Car Accident Damages
Car accident damages vary from case to case based on unique factors, like the extent of the victim’s injuries and their required medical treatment. Our Yakima hit and run accident lawyers will help you identify and pursue your losses, which may include the following:
- Current and future medical expenses, including emergency transportation and treatment, hospitalizations, surgeries, medical devices and equipment, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and long-term nursing
- Lost income, including loss of your future earning potential if you suffered a disabling injury that interferes with your work capabilities
- Personal property damages, including vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Pain and suffering, including monetary awards for scarring, disfigurement, chronic and severe pain, mental anguish, emotional distress, diminished quality of life, and loss of enjoyment
- Wrongful death of a loved one, including medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and loss of the deceased’s income, support, services, companionship, love, and care
Contact Van Law Firm today to connect with a hit and run accident lawyer in Yakima, WA. We can discuss your case and potential compensation during a free, no-obligation consultation.
Yakima Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
Hit and Run Collisions Can Cause Severe and Fatal Injuries
Hit and run crashes can result in catastrophic injuries and fatalities in part because leaving the scene can delay medical attention for the victims. In addition, a large percentage of hit and run accidents involve pedestrians. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), nearly a quarter of pedestrian crash deaths in 2021 occurred in hit and run crashes.
Our Yakima hit and run accident lawyers have experience with cases involving severe injuries, pedestrian accidents, and wrongful death. We can help if you or your loved one sustained the following:
- Neck, back, and shoulder injuries
- Broken bones
- Head or traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limb or bodily function
- Loss of mobility or paralysis
- Internal injuries
We Can Help You Get Back on Your Feet
We understand that you and your family face a difficult time as you work to regain your health. Allow us to relieve your legal burden so that you can focus on your recovery or caring for your injured loved one. Our personal injury law firm can do the following:
- Investigate your accident and collect evidence, including information from the accident scene, surveillance or dashcam video, eyewitness statements, police reports, and medical records
- Identify and calculate your economic and non-economic damages
- Draft and file your insurance claim
- Communicate with insurance companies, opposing counsel, and other involved parties on your behalf
- Aggressively negotiate for a fair settlement
- Prepare your case for civil court and represent you during a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary
What Causes Hit and Run Drivers to Flee?
There are many reasons hit and run drivers may flee. The AAA Foundation for Auto Safety found that motorists are more likely to leave the scene if they are drinking and driving or breaking other laws, like driving without insurance. Drivers may also be more prone to flee the accident scene in rural areas or at night when they believe no one saw the crash.
Other negligent actions that may cause or contribute to hit and run crashes include the following:
- Speeding or driving too fast for current conditions
- Failure to yield the right of way to other vehicles or pedestrians
- Failure to stop at a red light, stop sign, or marked intersection
- Making an improper turn or lane change
- Driving over the centerline or traveling the wrong way down a one-way street or divided highway
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive driving (“road rage”)
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Washington’s Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
You do not have unlimited time to seek damages. RCW § 4.16.080 allows three years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Washington State. If you miss the deadline, the court will usually dismiss your case.
In addition, an expired statute of limitations will reduce your insurance bargaining power. You could end up with a denied claim or reduced settlement and no more options for recovering awards.
Contact Van Law Firm About Your Hit and Run Car Accident Case
A Yakima hit and run accident lawyer from Van Law Firm can help you seek financial justice for no upfront or out-of-pocket fees or costs. We take cases on contingency, which means we only get paid when you do. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson