Were you the victim of a hit and run accident in Nevada? A Nevada hit and run accident attorney from our firm wants to help you protect your rights. We can investigate your case and determine the best way to get your family the compensation you need.
A Nevada car accident lawyer from our team at Van Law Firm can pursue damages for your financial, physical, and psychological losses. You could use that money to support your dependents and take the time you need to rebuild your life. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.
Recovering Damages After a Nevada Hit and Run Motor Vehicle Accident
You may have multiple options for pursuing fair compensation after a collision with a hit and run driver. A Nevada personal injury lawyer from Van Law Firm can explain how—and if—each option applies to your situation.
Filing a Claim With Your Nevada Insurance Company
You might be able to get compensation from your insurer if you have a policy specifically designed to cover drivers with no insurance or hit and run drivers.
Per the Nevada Division of Insurance, you are not required to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance. However, if you bought such a policy, we can help you file a claim with your insurer and ensure they handle that claim in good faith.
Taking Legal Action Against the Hit and Run Driver
If we can identify the hit and run driver, you can file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against them. This would entail:
- Proving the hit and run driver’s identity through persuasive evidence from multiple sources
- Determining how much you deserve for losses like medical bills, property damage, lost income, pain and suffering, disability, and disfigurement, among others
- Sending a demand letter to the at-fault driver or their insurance company
- Negotiating for a fair pretrial settlement and/or taking the liable party to court
Filing a Legal Action Against Another Liable Party
Suppose a faulty car part played a role in your accident, or perhaps the roadway you were driving on at the time was unsafe. Cases like these might involve multiple liable parties: the hit and run driver and the party who made the situation worse through their carelessness.
Even if we cannot find the hit and run driver, you could still potentially recover damages from another at-fault party. The amount you receive will depend on how much of a role their negligence played in causing or worsening your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a hit and run accidents lawyer serving Nevada, call (725) 900-9000
Should You Hire a Hit and Run Accident Lawyer in Nevada?
Only you and your family can answer that question. Van Law Firm can give you the information you need to make the right decision by:
- Providing you with a free case evaluation
- Answering your questions about both your case and our services
- Explaining what your rights are and how we can help you take advantage of them
What Happens After Hiring a Nevada Car Accident Attorney?
Our firm can help you with both personal injury and wrongful death cases in Nevada. No matter what losses you are suing over or how complex your case is, a hit and run accident attorney in Nevada can represent you by:
- Searching for and collecting all available evidence from the police report, witness testimony, photos, videos, and medical records
- Speaking to the liable party and the insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiating with the insurer until they agree to pay you fairly or it becomes clear that they are not interested in good-faith negotiations
- Presenting your case in court, if necessary, and asking the jury to decide whether to order the liable party to pay you compensation
- Making ourselves available to address your concerns, exchange updates, and assist you in deciding how your case will unfold
When to Hire Our Nevada Legal Team
Per NRS § 11.190(4)(e), you have two years from the accident date to begin your case. While this does give you some leeway to seek legal help and consider your options, you do not want to put off your case for too long.
In short, the best time to hire a personal injury lawyer from Van Law Firm is as soon as you are medically stable following the accident. That said, we may still be able to assist you if some time has passed since the collision. Contact us today to learn more about your legal options.
Nevada Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
What Is a Hit and Run in Nevada?
If the driver who hit you fled the scene without trying to assist you, they have violated NRS § 484E.010. This law requires anyone who injures another person in a traffic accident to:
- Stop as close to the scene as possible
- Get the victim to safety and call for help, if necessary
- Provide the victim with their contact information
Failure to comply with this law constitutes a hit and run.
Penalties for Hit and Run Drivers in Nevada
Anyone caught leaving the scene of a serious accident may be sent to prison, issued a fine, or both. In addition, they leave themselves open to legal action from the people they injured and failed to assist.
Why Do Nevadans Commit Hit and Runs?
For many hit and run drivers, their primary motivation to flee the scene is fear of punishment. This fear may be exacerbated if:
- They have a criminal record, especially if they have been convicted of previous driving violations
- They have an outstanding warrant for their arrest for another crime
- They are guilty of drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- They believe they did serious harm or killed someone and do not want to go to jail
There is no good reason to put another person in further danger by refusing to provide reasonable aid. You have every right to do what you can to hold a hit and run driver accountable, and Van Law Firm can help you do so.
Do Not Delay Your Nevada Hit and Run Car Accident Case
The longer you wait to get legal assistance, the more difficult it may be to recover fair damages. Call the team at Van Law Firm today to get a free case review. It will cost you nothing to learn about your rights, and your Nevada hit and run accident lawyer will charge no attorney’s fees unless they win your case.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson