If you were injured in an accident involving Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare company, you can seek compensation for your injuries and losses. We’ve been helping people hurt in rideshare accidents recover money since 2015, when Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval approved legislation that allowed ride-sharing services to officially operate in the state.
Because ridesharing is relatively new in Nevada and the structure of these companies is unique, pursuing compensation in a personal injury claim can be challenging. The Nevada car accident lawyers at Van Law Firm have successfully fought for victims of rideshare accidents, and we want to help you recover money for your losses.
What Injured Passengers Need to Know About Rideshare Accidents
Our team understands how confusing rideshare accidents can be, and we want to make your recovery as easy as possible. While you can depend on us to offer the support and resources you need after a wreck, we’d also like to provide you with important information about Uber and Lyft accidents to help you protect your rights.
There Are Unique Issues At Play In Rideshare Accidents
The way insurance coverage is applied following a Lyft or Uber accident depends on the scenario in which a crash happens. The status of the rideshare driver and vehicle is one of the most critical factors in determining liability when an accident occurs. The easiest way to think about liability is to divide possible scenarios into three periods.
- When the vehicle is in personal use. When the rideshare driver is not carrying rideshare passengers and the Uber or Lyft app is inactive, the driver’s personal insurance policy applies. Liability coverage with a personal insurance policy can be as low as $ 25,000 per person per accident in Nevada. Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare companies are not responsible for the driver’s actions when they are using the car for personal use.
- When the vehicle is in driver mode. Once the driver turns on the app and actively seeks passengers, contingent liability insurance coverage supplied by Uber or Lyft may be applied. This means that the driver’s personal insurance provides primary coverage. Lyft or Uber will cover what the driver’s personal insurance will not cover in the amount of $50,000 per person for injury or death. The total coverage per accident is $100,000, regardless of how many people are involved.
- When the vehicle is in service. From the time the driver accepts a ride request until all passengers arrive at their destination and the ride is ended in the app, the commercial liability policy provided by Uber or Lyft is primarily liable for damages. The limits on these policies are significantly higher than those typically carried with other types of policies during other rideshare modes. When a passenger is injured, they can typically recover up to $1,500,000 per accident if the Lyft or Uber driver causes the accident. If the accident is caused by another party and not the Lyft or Uber driver, then the other party’s insurance is primary, and Lyft and Uber provide $250,000 of additional uninsured or underinsured coverage.
More than One Party May Be Liable for Rideshare Injuries
Sometimes, multiple insurance companies are liable for injuries and deaths caused by Uber or Lyft drivers. When more than one insurance carrier is liable, recovering money can become challenging. A Nevada personal injury lawyer familiar with the laws of these accidents can make the process easier for you.
The insurance companies often point fingers at each other to avoid liability, impose delays to avoid paying their share, or use other tactics to make recovery difficult. Sometimes, multiple insurance companies will even leverage their legal teams and resources to minimize, dispute, or deny your claim.
Don’t try to negotiate a settlement under these conditions by yourself. You’ll likely walk away with an offer that is much less than what your case is worth. Our team will help you avoid the delays imposed by the insurance companies. We understand the complex insurance issues involved in rideshare accidents, how combined liability works, and how to negotiate a settlement when multiple parties are liable.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Nevada, call (725) 900-9000
You Can Seek Damages For Your Injuries and Losses
Accident victims in rideshare accidents can receive compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Long-term medical care
- Property damage
- Physical pain and psychological pain
- Catastrophic injuries, such as a traumatic brain injury
- Loss of salary
This is not a complete list of the losses for which you can seek compensation. Your lawyer can discuss the details of your case and advise you on the specifics of the compensation you are entitled to.
Nevada Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
How Our Nevada Rideshare Accident Lawyers Can Help You
We know that taking legal action after you were injured in a rideshare accident can be intimidating, but you don’t have to handle your personal injury case alone. Our Nevada personal injury lawyers will:
- Investigate the cause of the accident
- Identify all the parties who contributed to or directly caused the crash
- Gather evidence to prove negligence or liability
- Handle all communications with the insurance company
- Calculate all your economic and non-economic damages
- File legal complaints and manage insurance claims
- Negotiate a just settlement
- Represent you in court
Let us handle the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on your number one priority: healing from your injuries.
Call Van Law Today to Get Started on Your Rideshare Accident Case
Rideshare companies have a team of professionals protecting their interests. You have Van Law Firm on your side. You should know, however, that you only have a limited amount of time to take legal action against the liable party. If you miss Nevada’s statute of limitations deadline, you may forfeit your right to compensation.
Don’t delay. Call our office today so we can get started on your Uber and Lyft rideshare accident case.
No obligation consultations are always free.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson