Fatal drowning accidents are tragic, and even near-drowning events can cause severe medical problems and lasting trauma. The team at Van Law will seek fair compensation based on your family’s damages, which may include medical care, lost income, funeral expenses, and other losses.
Van Law helps Washingtonians seek justice. A Seattle, WA, pool drowning lawyer from our personal injury team will work to hold liable parties responsible for the damage they’ve caused.
Recoverable Damages Following a Drowning in Seattle, WA
Your family’s damages will depend on whether they’ve lost a loved one to a drowning incident or whether the plaintiff in your case survived a drowning episode.
In a fatal drowning accident case, recoverable damages may include:
- Pain and suffering: Medico-Legal Journal explains that pain and suffering is a key damage in drowning cases, as the experience of drowning and near drowning can be deeply traumatic. In fatal cases, pain and suffering may also include grief, depression, and other symptoms of losing a loved one.
- Funeral expenses: The pool owner or other liable party may cover the cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial.
- Medical expenses: If your loved one received any medical services, including attempts to save their life, we’ll include the cost of care in your lawsuit.
- Loss of a spouse: The non-economic cost of losing a partner is one that we will consider. The loss of emotional support, intimacy, and other benefits that a spouse provides can be profound.
- Loss of a child: Losing a child is among the most traumatic events one can suffer, if not the worst possible event. We will account for the toll of losing a child if it is relevant to your case.
- Loss of a parent: A child who loses a parent may lose half of their world. In legal terms, this means losing guidance, instruction, emotional and psychological support, and the other benefits that only a parent can provide.
- Lost financial support: If the drowning victim earned an income, their passing may put surviving loved ones in a difficult financial position. Our team will seek compensation for income, lost household services, and other lost forms of financial support.
If you or a loved one survived their drowning incident, you may face some of these damages—namely medical expenses and pain and suffering. Other losses may include lost income, lost earning power, medical equipment, and rehabilitation costs.
For a free legal consultation with a pool drowning lawyer serving Seattle, call (725) 900-9000
Why Choose Van Law to Seek Justice for a Drowning Event in Seattle, WA?
Our clients are our priority. Whether you pursue a wrongful death lawsuit, personal injury lawsuit, or insurance claim, you will receive the full support of Van Law. Our clients can bank on:
- Wire-to-wire legal service: From the moment that you call for your free consultation to the resolution of your case, Van Law will lead the legal process for you. We have attorneys and paralegals who can handle every step of your case. You will be able to focus on the grieving process, recovery from drowning-related injuries and trauma, or manage any other responsibilities that you face.
- Urgent and compassionate representation: We provide compassionate legal service to our clients but maintain a stern and urgent demeanor toward their cases. We will fight tirelessly in settlement negotiations or at trial but will show grace and patience whenever we interact with you.
- A personal relationship with their attorney: Your drowning lawyer in Seattle will know you by name, know your case details, and know where the legal process stands at all times. Van Law values its clients over all else, and it will show in the way we relate to you.
- A team that fights for every last dollar: Our mission is simple—fight for the entire financial recovery you deserve and settle for nothing less. Whether we negotiate a settlement or need to take your case to trial, trust that Van Law will fight for every last dollar you deserve.
We know that drowning victims and their loved ones have the freedom to choose their attorney. We do not take your trust in us for granted. Our team will handle your case with the professionalism that you deserve.
Seattle Pool Drowning Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
How a Drowning Lawyer From Our Team Will Lead Your Case in Seattle
Your lawyer from Van Law will manage every step of your case, including:
Determination of Liability
A pool owner may be liable for the drowning incident in Seattle. The owner’s liability may result from negligence, possibly including:
- Failure to put a sufficient barrier around the pool
- Failure to properly monitor a pool that is open to the public
- Failure to notify swimmers about the pool’s depth
- Failure to clearly post pool hours
- Failure to put other necessary signage in place
If a pool owner is not liable for your drowning incident in Seattle, we’ll determine who is.
Collection of Evidence
Our team will gather any evidence that supports your case for compensation. Video footage of the drowning incident, witness accounts of dangerous pool conditions, and expert testimony about the negligence of liable parties may be especially useful.
Documentation of Damages
We’ll prove how the drowning incident has harmed you. Relevant documentation of your damages may include:
- Medical records and bills related to the drowning incident
- Expert testimony about the pain and suffering caused by the drowning incident
- Proof of lost income, lost financial support, and other economic consequences of the drowning
- Invoices for funeral services or other expenses resulting from the drowning incident
Our team will identify how the drowning in Seattle has harmed you, then gather all available proof of that harm.
Settlement Discussions and Trial
We will work hard to secure the settlement you deserve. A trial is also an option. Van Law will stop at nothing to seek the financial recovery you deserve.
Call Van Law Today for a Free Consultation About Your Drowning Case in Seattle, WA
Van Law does not take any upfront fees, and you will not have to worry about the cost of completing your case in Seattle. A pool drowning lawyer from our team will work to hold liable parties accountable for your damages, so don’t wait to contact us.
Call Van Law today for your free consultation. There are no costs or obligations to the call, so you have nothing to lose.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson