Have You Been Burned in a Fire or Similar Accident at the Hands of Another?
Accidents involving fire and burn injuries can be some of the most physically and psychologically scarring events an individual can experience. Unfortunately, these accidents are more common than one might think– according to the American Burn Association, there were over 450,000 fire-related injuries treated in U.S. emergency departments between 2011 and 2015, and a fire death occurs every two and a half hours.
Fire and burn accident victims in Nevada, Washington state, and all over the U.S. can rest assured knowing that top-notch legal representation is only a phone call away. At Van Law Firm, our experienced fire and burn injury attorneys are always pursuing new cases, so that accident victims can get the treatment and compensation they deserve. Hiring a quality attorney can do wonders in proving your case, as they can help to preserve evidence and hire fire origin experts to argue on your behalf. Contact one of our offices for more information.
For a free legal consultation with a fire and burn injury lawyer serving Nationwide, call (725) 900-9000
Common Types of Fire and Burn Cases
When we think of fires and burns, we tend to imagine towering infernos engulfing whole structures. While that does happen occasionally, burn cases are actually more diverse than one might think at first. In fact, less than half of all burn injuries are caused by actual flames. Our firm commonly works with a wide variety of burn cases, including but not limited to:
- Structural fires
- Fire originating from hazardous or negligent conditions
- Fire originating from defective and dangerous products
- Fire originating from car accidents
- Thermal burns
- Chemical burns
- Electrical burns
- Steam burns
- Heat and thermal burns
- Smoke burns
- Burns sustained in car accidents
Let us evaluate your situation and determine the best path to take to help you achieve your goals. Give our injury attorneys a call today at 702-529-1011.
Nationwide Fire and Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
The Three Levels of Burn Injury Severity
All personal injury cases will vary depending upon the severity of the plaintiff’s injuries, and burn cases are no different. You may have heard healthcare professionals refer to burns in terms of ‘degrees’– each level of severity will entail more treatment and therefore a higher settlement, but all burn victims may be entitled to compensation. The three stages of burn injuries include:
- 1st Degree: When referring to burns, first degree is the most mild kind. Generally, this type of burn only affects the surface of the skin, and extensive medical attention is not required. Occasionally, however, complications such as infections can make these burns a little more difficult to manage.
- 2nd Degree: Second degree burns are slightly more intensive than first degree burns in that the damage affects virtually all the skin tissue for the burn area. Treatment of some form is likely to be needed, and quickly.
- 3rd Degree: This is the most serious kind of burn, and immediate attention is always required. With most third degree burns, the damage extends past the skin into other internal tissues and organs. Surgery and skin grafts might be needed to clean and close such a wound.
Determining Liability in Fire and Burn Cases
Fire cases can be some of the most difficult to prove in terms of fault, and that is why burn victims should always retain a trusted personal injury attorney, to ensure that the guilty party is held liable. It is the plaintiff’s burden to prove that the defendant acted recklessly or negligently, which resulted in the accident and subsequent injuries.
The parameters of both the accident and the injuries will have to be thoroughly analyzed in order to successfully identify the guilty party and build a strong case. There are a large number of possible defendants in a burn case, including but not limited to:
- Landlords or property owners whose negligence caused a fire that injured tenant(s)
- Manufacturers of defective or dangerous products that contributed to your injuries, such as a fire alarm system, smoke detector, fire extinguisher, or fire suppression device
- Insurance companies, including the insurer of a property, that of a company, or your own personal insurer
- Construction or maintenance companies whose errors resulted in a fire, such as faulty electrical wiring or gas systems
- An individual person responsible for starting a fire
- And more.
Time is of the essence for all burn cases. The statute of limitations varies by state, and the last thing you want to do is wait too long to come forward with your claim, as you will be left with no legal recourse to recover compensation. For a majority of states, the statute of limitations is either 2 or 3 years, so it is important for burn victims to contact an attorney as soon as possible.
The use of experts is especially pertinent to fire cases, as a fire origin expert can snuff out the root cause of the accident, which will usually go a long way in determining fault. Medical experts are also extremely useful in determining burn severity. Fire victims are entitled to all standard compensatory damages such as medical costs and lost wages. However, non-economic losses such as scarring and disfigurement and loss or enjoyment can also be awarded, as severe burns will leave a victim with substantial scarring and physical pain.
No obligation consultations are always free.
Let us help you!
Call Now: (702) 529-1011
We are available 24/7
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak to Experienced Fire and Burn Injury Attorneys Now
If you or someone you love is struggling with injuries and rising expenses after being burned or injured in a fire or similar accident, the fire and burn injury attorneys from Van Law Firm are only a phone call away. We’ve recovered millions for burn victims all over the U.S., and with nearly 500 5-star reviews, it’s easy to see that our work is not going unnoticed. Call our office nearest you today for a free consultation and case eligibility review.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
My experience with this firm was great. I worked with Yesenia who kept me updated every step of the way and answered questions I had and they was a lot. Helped make sure my daughter was included as well.Mary Turner
This was the best law firm experience I have ever had in my life and I have had several. Van Law Firm is the best in Vegas and the only law firm I will ever use.Jackin Ralph
I want to thank Van Law Firm for the hard work and dedication they put into my case. My case manager Norma was great and explained everything in detail and answered any questions I had.Darla Storm