Nexium lawsuit updates include:
- AstraZeneca is entering settlement agreements to resolve product liability claims against the company
- AstraZeneca is set to pay out $425 million in damages
- The over 12,000 lawsuits that were added to the multi-district litigation (MDL) are being settled
- One lawsuit remains pending in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, and a trial will be held in April 2024
If you or someone you love took Nexium, you may be able to recover damages. Thousands of plaintiffs across the U.S. are taking legal action because of the negative side effects they experienced after taking the prescription medication Nexium. At Van Law, our mass torts lawyer can explain your legal options if you believe you are entitled to compensation from AstraZeneca.
Why Are Plaintiffs Filing Nexium Lawsuits?
Plaintiffs are filing lawsuits against AstraZeneca, the company that manufactures Nexium, because the company did not warn consumers of the risks associated with the use of the drug. Many Nexium users claim that they developed kidney injuries and chronic kidney disease and that these issues are linked to their use of Nexium.
Plaintiffs who suffered injuries because of AstraZeneca medications like Prilosec and Prevacid are also taking legal action. However, the majority of plaintiffs were harmed by Nexium.
Though AstraZeneca still denies claims that their medications caused harm, the company is paying lawsuit settlements for cases that were compiled into multidistrict litigation (MDL) with a $425 million payment. However, one case remains unsettled until its trial date in April 2024.
For a free legal consultation with a nexium lawsuit lawyer serving Nationwide, call (725) 900-9000
Damages You May Recover Through a Nexium Lawsuit Against AstraZeneca
If you take legal action against AstraZeneca, you may recover compensation for a range of damages. These include:
- Pain and suffering: If you endured negative symptoms because of Nexium, you may be entitled to compensation for your physical pain and suffering. A kidney injury or chronic kidney disease diagnosis may also entitle you to compensation for pain and suffering.
- Medical expenses: The cost of any medical care you needed because of Nexium is compensable. For example, you may recover compensation for any medications you needed to combat symptoms of an acute kidney injury. You could also recover compensation for medical devices, doctor’s appointments, medical testing, and any other costs you incurred.
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity:The injury or illness you suffered because of Nexium may require you to take time off work. It could also prevent you from ever working the same job again. If this is the case, you can file a legal claim to recover compensation for your lost income and reduced earning capacity.
- Reduced quality of life:If you had to undergo surgeries, severe pain, and adverse side effects of Nexium, your quality of life may have been impacted. You can recover compensation for this non-economic loss.
A product liability attorney from our firm can review your case and explain which damages you may recover through a lawsuit.
Nationwide Nexium Lawsuit Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
What does a Nexium Lawsuit Attorney Do?
At our law firm, we help Nexium victims in a variety of ways. If you are suffering from a kidney issue or kidney failure, you need time to visit the doctor, undergo medical procedures, and focus on your health. While you take care of yourself, we will:
- Prove the symptoms you suffered because of Nexium
- Talk to any other parties involved in your case on your behalf
- Help you file a product liability lawsuit
- Explain your legal options for seeking justice against AstraZeneca
- Answer any questions you have
- Keep you updated about how other Nexium lawsuits are progressing
- Establish the link between your medical condition and Nexium
- We represent you on a contingency-fee basis, so you never owe us upfront fees
- Inform you about any filing deadlines that apply to your case
If you took any other heartburn medications and now suffer from a serious medical issue, you may be entitled to compensation. Our legal team is happy to assess your case.
What Is Nexium?
Nexium, or esomeprazole, is a popular heartburn medication that helps treat conditions such as stomach ulcers, acid reflux, and other issues that arise because of an overproduction of stomach acid.
Long-term use of Nexium is associated with several side effects, such as bone weakness. If you were prescribed Nexium by your healthcare provider, you may be at an increased risk of suffering bone fractures.
According to the Cleveland Clinic, other potential side effects of taking Nexium include:
- Allergic reactions
- Kidney injuries
- Bleeding or bruising
- Low magnesium and vitamin B12 levels
If you suffered any long-term injuries or illnesses because of Nexium, you may be able to take legal action and recover compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Qualifies to File a Nexium Lawsuit?
You may qualify to recover compensation if you took Nexium and developed a kidney issue. Before you can file a kidney injury lawsuit, you’ll have to prove your injury was caused by Nexium. Our legal team can help you gather evidence that includes:
- A receipt or prescription from your pharmacy that proves you took Nexium
- Medical records or statements from your doctor that show you suffered a kidney injury or illness
- The dates of when you started and stopped taking Nexium
Kidney damage is a serious medical concern, and you deserve compensation. Our team is glad to provide legal support as you seek justice after taking heartburn drugs that harmed you.
Call Van Law for Help With Your Nexium Lawsuit
If you or someone you love was injured or became sick because of Nexium, you may have a legal case against AstraZeneca. Our team can support you in your pursuit of fair financial compensation.
To get started on your case, reach out to our team today. We provide free initial consultations, allowing you to ask us any questions you have about Nexium lawsuits. Call now to get started on your case.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson