Those who experience sexual abuse have their lives changed forever. From psychological trauma to professional difficulties and health issues, the effects of abuse can be wide-ranging. You may deserve financial recovery to help cover your damages, and a Vancouver, WA sexual abuse lawyer from Van Law will fight for your financial recovery.
Our team has represented sexual abuse survivors for years. We have the utmost compassion for what you have been through, and we will use all of our resources to seek the justice you deserve.
Why Choose a Sexual Abuse Lawyer from Van Law to Lead Your Case in Vancouver, WA?
Your choice of attorney could have a direct effect on the outcome of your case. Our firm encourages you to consider us as your attorneys, as we:
- Have successfully completed many sexual abuse cases in Washington: “Success” means holding abusers responsible while getting compensation for victims. This will be the benchmark for success in your case, too.
- Have the resources to complete your case: Van Law does not pinch pennies when completing a case. You deserve justice, and if that means paying for experts, going to trial, or taking any other steps to strengthen your case, we won’t worry about the cost.
- Are familiar with the civil justice system in Vancouver, WA: Knowing the civil system may allow us to complete your case in an efficient manner.
- Make the client the priority: Our legal team will make every decision based on what is best for you. We thank our clients for trusting our firm by providing consistently great client service. We communicate frequently, answer when you call, and go the extra mile to ensure your satisfaction.
Our expectation is to win your case. Abusers must be held accountable, so we don’t settle for less than the client deserves. Expect a full-fledged fight for justice when you hire our sexual abuse lawyer in Vancouver, WA.
Consistent, Compassionate, Capable: What Former Clients Say About Van Law
Whenever a client leaves Van Law a positive review, it validates all the effort we put into sexual abuse cases. As our testimonials show, the Van Law team has earned respect and gratitude from our former clients:
- “My experience with this firm was great. I worked with Yesenia who kept me updated every step of the way and answered questions I had and there were a lot.” – Mary Turner
- “I want to thank Van Law Firm for the hard work and dedication they put into my case. My case manager Norma was great and explained everything in detail and answered any questions I had.” – Darla Storm
These are only two of many glowing reviews our firm has received from clients. When you choose to hire a sexual abuse lawyer from our team serving Vancouver, you should have high expectations.
For a free legal consultation with a sexual abuse lawyer serving Vancouver, call (725) 900-9000
Our Team Serving Vancouver Will Manage Every Step of Your Case
Once you hire a lawyer from Van Law, You won’t have to worry about your sexual abuse case in Vancouver. We’ll want to ask some basic questions and get any evidence or documentation that you possess. When it comes to completing your case, though, Van Law will handle it.
Expect a sexual abuse attorney in Vancouver, WA to:
Identify How Sexual Abuse Has Affected You
In legal terms, this is called identifying your damages. We will identify, calculate, and document the ways that abuse has adversely affected you. We may prove your recoverable damages with:
- Testimony from mental health professionals
- Testimony from medical experts
- Mental health treatment bills
- Medical records and bills
- Your own testimony
- Any other documentation that reflects your damages
While we know that sexual abuse is harmful, it’s our job to identify the ways that abuse has affected you. We’ll be sure to handle this step with extreme care and compassion.
Getting Evidence that Supports Your Case
Our team will secure any evidence that suggests the defendant’s liability. This may include evidence related to criminal proceedings, but not necessarily.
Exploring Settlement Offers – and Demanding the Amount You Deserve
Van Law works to resolve each case with a settlement. Negotiations are a two-way conversation, though, so we’ll demand that liable parties pay what you deserve. If those parties agree to pay you fairly, we’ll have the chance to resolve your case. If not, we’ll be ready to execute the next step in your case.
Fighting for You at Trial, if Necessary
Trial will be one of our legal options. There may be several reasons to go to trial. Your lawyer will make clear during settlement negotiations that, if liable parties do not offer a fair settlement, we’re ready for trial.
Vancouver Sexual Abuse Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
Recoverable Damages in a Sexual Abuse Case
Sexual abuse typically causes both economic and non-economic damages, including:
Pain and Suffering
The American Psychological Association (APA) lists several symptoms of sexual abuse that qualify as pain and suffering, including:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also lists depression and substance abuse as potential consequences of abuse. We’ll rely on experts to help diagnose and value your pain and suffering.
You may need medical care for the immediate symptoms of abuse as well as any long-term health conditions related to abuse.
The symptoms of sexual abuse may interfere with your work life, contributing to:
- Diminished earning power
- Lost income
- Lost professional opportunities
- Lost professional fulfillment
- Other professional damages
These damages can have a significant financial cost, and we’ll determine what that cost is.
Mental Health Care Costs
If you receive any treatment for abuse-related issues, we’ll determine the cost of your case. This includes any ongoing and future mental health care.
Call Van Law Today for a Free Consultation About Your Sexual Abuse Case in Vancouver, WA
A sexual abuse lawyer from Van Law is ready to start your case in Vancouver, WA today. Getting a financial recovery may allow you to continue moving on from your abuse, and we’ll help however we can.
Call Van Law today for your free consultation.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson