If you were prescribed and took Zantac and developed cancer, you may be wondering if there is any legal action that you can take. There are currently multiple lawsuits pending in courts across the country, and depending on the individual circumstances of your case, you may be eligible to join one of these suits as a claimant. This could mean that the pharmaceutical companies that manufactured and sold Zantac will pay you a monetary settlement if the court cases are decided and settled in favor of the claimants.
To qualify for a Zantac lawsuit, a person must meet the following criteria:
- Purchased and took Zantac
- Read the faulty warnings on the label and relied on the lack of information that Zantac or NMDA may lead to cancer or other health problems.
- Suffered an injury from taking Zantac.
It is important to remember that no two cases are the same. While you may satisfy the requirements, having an experienced attorney review your specific situation is even more important. Van Law Firm can help you understand your case and determine if it qualifies for a Zantac lawsuit. Call our office today for an attorney to give you a free case evaluation and consultation.
Proving the requirements
- The hardest requirement to prove is that you bought and took Zantac. If you received a prescription for the drug, it becomes much easier to prove that you took Zantac
- Relying on the lack of information about Zantac and NMDA’s health risk is simple to prove once it is established that you bought and took the Zantac. People normally read the warning label on medication or have the warnings explained to them by a doctor or pharmacist. As a result, if you took the drug, you most likely relied on Zantac’s lack of information.
- Suffering an injury that results from you taking Zantac may or may not be easy to prove. It may be obvious and documented that you have cancer, but it may be difficult to link that cancer to taking Zantac.
The most common cancers caused by Zantac are:
- Stomach Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Intestinal Cancer
- Throat/nasal Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
This is not an exhaustive list of injuries that result from Zantac. Other cancers, like those that follow, and other injuries may have resulted from your taking Zantac:
- Kidney Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Leukemia Cancer
- Islet cell Cancer
- Myeloma Cancer
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
Because of the unique nature of every Zantac injury and claim, we always recommend that you reach out to one of our qualified attorneys at Van Law Firm for a free case evaluation. We can quickly and easily tell you the strengths and weaknesses of any claim and see if you qualify for the Zantac lawsuit. Call us today!