Truck Accident Laws and the Lawsuit Process
A distracted, tired, careless, and impaired truck driver can be a life-changing burden that will result in unforeseen consequences. Van Law has an immediate response team ready to visit the scene and record all possible evidence present. When you have been injured in a big rig, semi-trailer, or commercial truck, not only is your life-style is on the line, your health can also be in jeopardy as well. Thus, it is important to find the best attorney and medical providers possible to care for your needs.
At Van Law Firm, we know truck crashes often lead to physical and psychological injury. Not only are the injuries difficult to deal with, but the stress of increasing medical bills, past and future lost wages, and disruptions to your daily life can pile up and seem as though it is impossible to sort out. With an experienced law firm, these issues can be handled professionally, neatly, and in a timely manner so that you get the compensation you deserve.
Truck Accident Damages You are Entitled To:
Van Law Firm is here to fight to get the right and fair compensation you deserve.
- Economic Damages– Compensation for your personal injury related expenses and losses. These include both past and future medical expenses, lost wages, and reduced earning capacity. As an experienced personal injury firm, we are detail oriented enough to closely review all the expenses that arose due to the accident, injuries that include: medical supply expenses, transportation, therapy, etc.
- Non-Economic Damages – After the accident, some injuries after the truck crash are tangible, thus they will be difficult to prove and difficult to acknowledge; however, do not forget you are still entitled to compensation. At Van Law Firm, we fight and demand for your compensation: physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, mental anguish, scarring and disfigurement, and new physical limitations.
- Punitive Damages– If the truck driver/defendant acted: (1) recklessly, (2) maliciously, and/or (3) fraudulently, you may also be entitled to punitive damages as well.
For a free legal consultation, call (725) 900-9000
At Van Law Firm, we understand that a sudden unexpected truck crash can be a traumatic and frightening experience. This event will impact an individual negatively in multiple manners including physical, emotional, mental, and psychological pain.
There are numerous health conditions resulting from a specific truck accident incident and we are here to help guide you through the legal process on how to move forward from the negative impact.
Truck Accidents are Different and Complex:
If you find a firm that deals with truck accidents the same way they deal with car accidents, you are missing a piece to your puzzle that can be detrimental to your case and physical care needs. They are different in the following ways:
- Trucks drive differently than compared to cars.
- Crash dynamics are severely different compared to cars.
- Truck laws are completely different and require much more in-depth regulations to prevent numerous aspects such as driver fatigue.
- For instance, in a 2014 case in Oklahoma established what driver fatigue is and increased regulations keeping highways safe. A trucking regulation implemented limits the time a trucker is on the road is believed to have prevented around 1,400 crashes, said Duane DeBruyne, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration spokesman.
- Several trucking proposals concerning truck safety and fatigue issues have been implemented or are in the regulatory development process in the five years since a tractor-trailer crash on the Will Rogers Turnpike killed 10 people in an accident the Oklahoma Highway Patrol lists as one of the state’s deadliest crashes. Currently the maximum average workweek for truck drivers is 70 hours, a decrease from the previous maximum of 82 hours, according to the federal agency.
- What it means to operate safely is much different than regular vehicles.
- Claim and insurance handling tactics and rules are significantly different, thus, an attorney must be educated in various formats regarding these rules.
Truck laws are completely different and require much more in-depth regulations to prevent numerous aspects such as driver fatigue. Complexity of Your Case: The 48 Hour Rule
The complexity of trucking cases can be overwhelming. It can feel as though there is not enough time in the day to get through the required investigation and legal steps necessary to receive compensation.
But, you must remember the steps that are critical are in the first 48 hours. There are crucial pieces of information that allow attorneys to have the best shot in handling your truck accident.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
A checklist is key for investigators, staff, and attorneys. Here, at Van Law Firm we have a detailed checklist regarding your Truck Accident Case. Here, you will find our steps and procedures that will help get you justice.
Investigation is a crucial and critical part of any legal case; however, investigation for truck cases is even more important as evidence rules the Court.
- At Van Law Firm, we conduct a very detail-oriented analysis of the intake with our clients. Listening carefully to each detail while also asking numerous questions regarding the accident gives us the detailed insight we need.
- We depend heavily on highly skilled experts with experience in specific accident cases. Thus, this helps us get the right evidence in the right time before evidence is lost or damaged.
- If needed, we will go to the actual site of the accident and thoroughly look over the scene to get a clear, explicit, and understandable visualization of the accident. Always keep in mind that seeing the accident site will answer numerous questions as opposed to detailed explanations or photographs.
- Surveillance cameras are also an important part of your case. We will ensure that we gather as much video evidence as possible
Here at Van Law Firm, we take every precaution to ensure you get the justice you deserve. Thus, we must work hard together the moment we begin the case. Preservation is key.
- Our clients must get the best treatment possible for their injuries. We will help you understand the importance of being treated and being treated properly.
- We must collect all evidence to ensure stability of your cases. These include: 911 calls, incident photos, surveillance videos, CAD reports, audio recordings, etc. Some of this information is quickly deleted, so speed is key!
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Trucking cases can be resolved when the right attorney takes the necessary course of action in the first 48 hours to ensure proper investigation and preservation of evidence. With key characteristics of being diligent and meticulous, the information will help us maintain quality information and remain responsive to the needs of our clients. Contact us to ensure your rights.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000