Premier Auto Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
If you were hurt in a crash on the congested roadways of Las Vegas, you must take action immediately. The phrase “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” does not always apply to at-fault bus drivers, truckers who are desperate to get back behind the wheel, or tourists who are just passing through.
Waiting to file your personal injury claim could create complications when witnesses or other motorists must be contacted to build your case. Waiting also hurts your case when evidence is destroyed, or you do not seek medical attention immediately. So give a Las Vegas car accident lawyer from Van Law Firm a call today, and let us get started.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Las Vegas, call (725) 900-9000
How a Personal Injury Lawyer from Our Firm Can Help with Your Case
When you retain our firm to handle your accident case, we will work to make things as easy as possible so you can concentrate on getting better. You will not need to worry about negotiating with the insurance company on your own; we will take care of that on your behalf.
You will not need to collect evidence, gather statements from witnesses, or obtain medical records or police reports—we will take care of those things, too. Our team will handle all of the paperwork, keep track of important deadlines, and we will even help you access the care and resources you need to support you in your recovery.
Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (725) 900-9000
Determining Liability for Your Car Accident
Costs quickly add up in the aftermath of a crash. We strive to make sure that you recover money for the losses you are dealing with now and those you will likely face in the future. Before we begin negotiations with the insurance company, we will look at your overall health and the damages your accident caused. Then, we will add the medical bills, lost wages, and estimated damages for pain and suffering. But that is just the beginning.
We will also look at how your injuries will impact your life in the future. If your injuries are permanent or severe enough to require long-term medical treatment and time away from work, we will also make sure to add in those losses. We will consider your loss of enjoyment of life, the loss of use of any damaged body parts, and how your disability will affect your family’s future.
Once we have a ballpark figure of the damages you have truly sustained, that is when we negotiate with the insurance company or other entity that caused your accident. In some cases, more than one party may be liable for your injuries, and when that happens, we will seek damages from them as well.
How We Prove the At-Fault Driver’s Negligence in Accident Claims
To pursue the at-fault driver in your accident, our legal team works hard to prove their negligence. The state of Nevada requires evidence of the following four points of negligence:
- Duty of care: The at-fault driver owed it to you to share the road safely and to protect you from undue harm.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault driver acted in a way that breached their duty of care by driving in a reckless or careless manner.
- Causation: The connection between the at-fault driver’s actions and the reason the accident occurred.
- Damages: Your injuries and their resulting consequences caused physical and financial consequences.
Leave it to us. Our car wreck lawyer will prove that the negligent driver caused your accident and handle evidence collection for you. The negotiation process is complex. Our law firm also uses your evidence file to steer the negotiation process in your favor.
We Use the Evidence We Gather to Strengthen Your Case
Especially if you were severely injured in your accident, you may be unable to gather evidence on your own. From the moment we take you on as our client, we will use our time and resources to gather important evidence for your case. Some of the evidence we will collect on your behalf may include:
- Police reports
- Other accident reports from investigating agencies
- Photo and video footage
- Expert testimony, such as accident reconstruction services
- Testimony from your primary care physician
- Service logs, such as those commercial drivers keep
- Black box data
- Phone records
- Surveillance footage
Some of this evidence may be difficult to gather on your own. Not only is some evidence time-sensitive, but some pieces of information cannot be obtained without a warrant. We will do what is legally in our power to gather information that will support your claims and bolster your case.
Click to contact our Nevada Car Accident Lawyers today
Compensable Damages for Nevada Car Accident Victims
If you were injured by someone else’s negligence, the responsible party is legally compelled to compensate you for your financial and personal losses. These losses, also called damages, often include:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of emergency transportation, surgery, diagnostic testing, and medical care
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages from time spent in recovery
- Lost future earning potential if you are forced to change careers, work less, or are unable to work at all
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress and physical pain
- Lost quality of life, including loss of mobility and independence
- Property damage, usually the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle
In some cases, accident victims are awarded punitive damages; however, these are exceptionally rare. Your injury attorneys will let you know if these are a possibility in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Represent Victims of All Types of Crashes
Increasing congestion, heavy truck traffic, partying tourists, and fatigued tour bus drivers all play a part in accidents on Las Vegas Boulevard or local freeways such as the I-15, I-215, I-95, and other busy roads around Las Vegas and Henderson. But, regardless of the type of crash you are involved in, we are here to help. Some of the more common types of accidents in the area include:
- Bicycle accidents
- Boat accidents
- Bus accidents
- Taxicab accidents
- Rideshare accidents (Uber / Lyft)
- Car accidents
- Truck crashes
- Drunk driving wrecks
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
Wrongful Death Cases
Unfortunately, Nevada (Las Vegas especially) experiences a great deal of fatal accidents every year. Per the Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), around 360 people lost their lives in fatal accidents in 2021 alone. If you lost a loved one–we want to fight for justice on your behalf.
Losing a loved one can result in significant emotional and personal pain; however, it can also leave surviving family members with financial instability. In the wake of your loss, this is a huge burden to bear. Allow our team to file your wrongful death case. We can pursue damages to cover the cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial, their medical expenses, and their lost financial contributions to your household.
Causes of Auto Accidents in Nevada
Regardless of the type of vehicle, a few common causes of accidents are often at the root of collisions. These negligent and reckless behaviors commonly cause auto accidents:
- Distracted driving, e.g. texting and driving, eating or drinking and driving, using the GPS
- Reckless driving, such as speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, and following too closely
- Improper lane changes
- Lack of signaling
- Failure to yield
- Inappropriate driving for the weather conditions
Many common causes can be linked to a traffic violation or disregard for the safety of others. If that is the case for your accident, we will use the evidence we uncover to demonstrate their financial responsibility for your losses.
We Represent Car Accident Victims on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We do not add to the financial strain that can follow a car accident. Instead of a hefty retainer or hourly fees, we handle your case on a contingency-fee basis. Here is how that benefits you:
- We cover all upfront investigative costs
- We pay any necessary court fees
- We consult and hire expert witnesses
- We hire an accident reconstructionist if needed
We never charge upfront fees or require you to cover any accident-related costs out of your pocket. Our fee structure also means that you do not pay us if we do not recover damages for you. It also means you can start immediately and remove the risk of an expired statute of limitations.
Services We Offer Accident Victims in Las Vegas
First and foremost, our goal as your legal representatives is to get back your peace of mind. After an accident, you are likely struggling with your finances, your personal life, and your physical health. You shouldn’t have to shoulder the burden of legal action on your own. We can offer this along with these services:
- Filing your case with the appropriate court
- Completing case paperwork according to the legal requirements and deadlines
- Protecting your right to compensation with our attention to detail
- Gather evidence to support your claims, including eyewitness and expert testimony
- Presenting your case to the insurance adjuster, judge, or jury
- Preparing your case for litigation, in case we can’t reach a settlement agreement
- Representing you in court proceedings
- Preparing you for deposition
- Communicating with the at-fault party, their attorneys, and the insurer
- Protecting you from manipulation and bad-faith negotiation tactics that may hurt your financial award
- Calculating the extent of your losses and assigning your case a financial value
- Negotiating for a settlement or verdict that will improve your quality of life
- Updating you on the status of your case
- Answering questions and concerns throughout the process
We know how intimidating it can be to take on this process. We don’t want this burden to fall on you. Allow our team to handle everything, so you can keep your focus on what matters most to you.
Understanding Nevada’s Comparative Fault Law in Motor Vehicle Accidents
In Nevada, you may be able to recover money after a crash even if you played a role in why the accident occurred. This is because Nevada follows a modified comparative negligence system to determine liability in automobile accidents. As a result, you can recover money from the other party if you are less than 50% at fault for your accident. If you are 50% or more at fault, you cannot recover anything, even if your injuries are severe.
If you are determined to be partially at fault, your award will be reduced according to the percentage of the accident attributable to you (for example, if you are 20% at fault, you receive 80% of the money recovered).
See Why Our Car Accident Clients Rate Our Law Firm Five Stars
Reviews and accolades from previous clients attest to our commitment to outstanding client service and support. When they review us online, our previous clients say things such as the following:
- Darla Storm: I want to thank Van Law Firm for the hard work and dedication they put into my case. My case manager Norma was great and explained everything in detail and answered any questions I had.
- Milla Rutland: Van Law Firm was fantastic! Specifically, Yesenia. I got into a car accident (not my fault) on 07/12/19. From the moment I contacted their office, they took excellent care of me and my case.
Every member of our law office works hard to treat every client as a priority, not a case file. Are you ready to learn more about our commitment to the clients we serve? Read additional reviews from satisfied clients on our testimonials page.
We Get Results for Injured People in Nevada
Over the time period our firm has been serving Nevada residents, we have recovered over 50 million dollars for our clients. These settlements and verdicts not only testify to the passion we have for our clients, but they show our depth of experience in personal injury law. For your car accident case, we will use this experience, this knowledge, and this passion for your benefit.
Discuss Your Case with a Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas Today
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, you could have the basis of a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. At Van Law Firm, our personal injury attorneys serving Las Vegas can help.
We will review the details of your accident and build a strong case for financial compensation. Call our firm today.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
My experience with this firm was great. I worked with Yesenia who kept me updated every step of the way and answered questions I had and they was a lot. Helped make sure my daughter was included as well.Mary Turner
This was the best law firm experience I have ever had in my life and I have had several. Van Law Firm is the best in Vegas and the only law firm I will ever use.Jackin Ralph
I want to thank Van Law Firm for the hard work and dedication they put into my case. My case manager Norma was great and explained everything in detail and answered any questions I had.Darla Storm