If you’re looking for sexual abuse support groups and resources for survivors in Las Vegas, you’ve come to the right place. Here, you can learn about connecting with organizations in your area that are committed to bettering the lives of sexual abuse survivors. Some of the resources below are support groups where you can meet others with similar experiences. Others offer one-on-one counseling.
If you’re looking for legal resources (like the advocacy of a sexual abuse lawyer in Las Vegas), our law firm offers free, no-obligation claim reviews. In just a few short moments, you can get insight into your next steps and the benefits of entrusting your claim to a personal injury law firm. You can also get the peace of mind that comes with being informed about your options.
Sexual Abuse Support Groups in Las Vegas
Psychology Today lets survivors of sexual violence look for support groups based on certain criteria, including their hardships, types of preferred therapy, age, and sexuality. Some are conducted in person, while others are virtual or over the phone. Many of these organizations are led by mental health experts with master’s degrees and other certifications.
- Support groups in your area could include those hosted by:
- Signs of Hope. Signs of Hope has served those in the Las Vegas area for more than 40 years. Each week, more than 30 people sign on to participate in support groups.
- The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN). RAINN has a database where you can find local support. It also has a Department of Defense (DoD) Safe Helpline where you can get one-on-one support.
- Nevada 211. This organization also has a database where you can find in-person and virtual support groups in your area.
Treatment centers and rehabilitation facilities may host support groups as part of their programs. You don’t have to admit yourself and stay overnight; you could connect with an outpatient program that’s more conducive to your schedule.
For a free legal consultation, call (725) 900-9000
Sexual Abuse Resources in Las Vegas
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department also lists some services for survivors of sexual abuse. They include:
- LVMPD Victim Services. On weekdays from 7 am to 5 pm, there are victim advocates available to offer support, resources, and advocacy to those in need. While these advocates offer a free, invaluable service, they cannot offer financial resources to repair or replace property damaged in an assault. They also cannot offer legal advice.
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline. This is a 24/7 service that offers crisis counseling, support, and other services to callers. The hotline can connect callers to resources in their area, too.
Considerations After Suffering Sexual Abuse
Your well-being always comes first. So, you should do everything possible to improve your mental health. How you accomplish this is up to you. You may find comfort in spending time with family and friends. You could benefit from attending one of the support groups mentioned earlier. Only you know what’s best for you.
When it comes to your legal claim, however, there are some considerations that could streamline the process and help your lawyer pursue compensation. These steps include:
- Documenting everything. This may include keeping certain text messages, dates of doctors’ appointments, and receipts for out-of-pocket expenses. The more information your lawyer has to support your case, the better.
- Keeping certain information private. You’re within your rights to share the details of your experience with others–especially if that means helping you reach closure. However, be careful about sharing specifics about your legal case. Only you and your attorney need to know about your case’s strategy.
- Exploring your legal options. For some survivors of sexual abuse, managing an injury claim means reliving the trauma all over again. You deserve this time to heal, not overburden yourself with a complex legal matter. You have every right to explore partnering with a lawyer to see how they can help you.
Your Las Vegas Sexual Abuse Lawyer Is a Great Resource
You deserve all the time, space, and comfort you need during this challenging time. Yet, if you’re juggling a personal injury case, you could find this difficult. That’s where our team comes in. Our founder, Sandy Van, has more than 20 years of experience helping survivors of sexual abuse get closure and compensation.
With our team, you get:
Complete and Total Advocacy
Van Law isn’t your ordinary law firm. Our legal team understands the complexities of sexual assault cases, empowering them to put clients’ needs first. We stand between you and anybody who devalues your experience, threatens your safety, or discourages you from seeking justice.
A Commitment to Your Case’s Outcome
When we accept your case, we’re committed to recovering fair compensation for what you need. A big reason why is because we work on a contingency-fee basis. Here, we don’t get our attorney’s fees unless your claim yields a successful outcome.
What’s more, compensation for our help comes from the damages we secure on your behalf. If there isn’t a settlement, we don’t get paid. We believe that this fee structure motivates our team to secure the best possible outcomes and do everything possible to advocate for survivors of sexual abuse.
Assistance in Seeking Compensation
We know that financial recovery can’t undo your trauma. Yet, many clients find that compensation offers the resources necessary to move forward. For instance, if you want to take time off work to focus on your mental health, a settlement could make that possible. If you incurred healthcare expenses because of the abuse, compensation could cover that.
Your Las Vegas sexual abuse lawyer will fight for damages that reflect your:
- Medical bills
- Lost income and other job-related revenue
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental trauma
This isn’t an exhaustive list of compensable damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Begin Your Free Claim Review With Our Personal Injury Firm
You could benefit from many of the support groups and resources for survivors mentioned here. We also believe that you could benefit from consulting Van Law about your legal matters. Our team intends to secure financial justice for what you experienced. Call now to learn more about how we help sexual assault survivors during a confidential conversation.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson