Ozempic can cause side effects and health issues such as vision changes, low blood sugar, and kidney failure. If you’re considering using Ozempic to manage type 2 diabetes or reduce the risk of heart disease, it’s important that you speak with your healthcare provider about all the potential side effects.
However, some patients use Ozempic for weight loss. While Ozempic and other drugs can make patients lose weight, the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved Ozempic for this purpose. If you were prescribed Ozempic for weight loss and experienced adverse health effects because of it, our mass torts lawyer can help you seek justice.
What Are the Common Side Effects and Health Issues Caused by Ozempic?
According to Ozempic, there are several side effects you may experience if you are taking the drug for its recommended purposes, such as treating type 2 diabetes and reducing the risk of cardiovascular issues. Some of these side effects include:
- Vision changes
- Low blood sugar, which can cause dizziness, blurred vision, weakness, irritability, anxiety, and headaches
- Kidney failure
- Allergic reactions, such as swelling in your face, lips, throat, or tongue, along with trouble breathing, severe itching, or fainting
- Gallbladder issues, which may begin as stomach pain, fever, or jaundice
- Severe nausea
- Stomach pain
- Cancerous thyroid tumors, in severe cases
If you experience any of these common health side effects of Ozempic, you need to speak to your doctor right away. Your health comes first, and there may be other alternatives to Ozempic that work better for you.
For a free legal consultation, call (725) 900-9000
What does Ozempic Do?
Ozempic is a semaglutide injection that is used in conjunction with diet and exercise to help patients with type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular issues. The injectable prescription medication is meant to:
- Improve blood sugar in adults
- Reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, or death in adults who have type 2 diabetes and heart disease
Ozempic works by:
- Allowing your pancreas to increase insulin production when you have high blood sugar
- Stopping your liver from producing and releasing too much sugar
- Making food leave your stomach more slowly
You should only use Ozempic for its FDA-approved uses. If you use Ozempic for weight loss, you may be more likely to suffer adverse effects.
Some Patients Are Filing Lawsuits Against Ozempic and Other Weight Loss Drug Companies
After suffering negative side effects from Ozempic, some patients are filing weight loss drug lawsuits. Other drug companies that have claims filed against them include Mounjaro, Wegovy, Rybelsus, and Saxenda.
If you took any of the above medications and suffered health issues because of them, you may qualify to join a lawsuit. Other qualifying factors include:
- The dates that you started and ended the use of Ozempic
- The types of side effects you experienced, such as gastrointestinal symptoms, severe pain, acute pancreatitis, or another illness
- When your symptoms started
Our legal team can speak to healthcare professionals to prove that your injury or illness was caused by Ozempic. That way, you have a fair chance at seeking compensation.
What Kind of Compensation Can You Recover If You File a Weight Loss Drug Lawsuit?
If you decide to join others in taking legal action against Ozempic, you can recover a range of damages. Depending on the losses you suffered because of semaglutide injections, you may be eligible to recover damages such as:
- Medical care expenses
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress for any mental health issues
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We can work with your doctors and other healthcare providers to prove that you deserve compensation for the losses you suffered because of Ozempic.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What does a Mass Torts Weight Loss Drug Lawyer Do?
If you decide to hire a lawyer from our firm to take on your weight loss drug lawsuit, we will manage the entire legal process for you. You can trust our team to:
- Gather evidence that links your health issues to Ozempic or another weight loss drug
- Determine how much compensation you may be able to recover if you suffered adverse health effects caused by Ozempic
- Explain any laws that apply to your case
- Help you complete any paperwork necessary to join others in filing a lawsuit against Ozempic
- Compile proof of all the severe side effects you suffered, such as your medical history records and statements from healthcare professionals
- Inform you of your legal options
- Ensure you’re aware of each step in your case so you do not miss any filing deadlines or important updates
- Answer any questions you have throughout the legal process
By hiring our team, you give yourself time to prioritize your health and overall well-being.
You Can Work With Our Ozempic Attorney Without Paying Anything Upfront
You’ve probably already spent a lot of money treating the health issues you suffered because of Ozempic. Our legal team does not want to be another financial burden you have to deal with. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not owe us anything upfront or out of pocket. Instead, we only accept payment when we win or settle your weight loss drug case.
We also provide all prospective clients with a free initial consultation. During your consultation, you can ask us any questions you have and learn more about your next steps in the legal process.
Call Van Law Today to Take Legal Action Because of Ozempic Side Effects and Health Issues
If you were prescribed Ozempic and suffered negative health effects, you may be able to file a lawsuit for compensation. Ozempic is not approved for weight loss, so you may be at risk of several health problems if you used the drug to lose weight.
You can speak to our team today during a free initial consultation. We can take your call 24/7.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson