You should speak with your healthcare provider before deciding whether taking Tylenol when you’re pregnant is safe. Recent research shows there could be a link between pregnant mothers taking Tylenol and autism spectrum disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children.
Taking acetaminophen during pregnancy may be risky, and if you were not aware of the risks, you may have a legal case. A Las Vegas defective drug lawyer from our law firm can prove a link between your Tylenol consumption and your child’s condition. With our support, you could recover economic and non-economic damages from the liable party.
Speak With Your Doctor Before Taking Tylenol While Pregnant
Recent research from the University of Utah Health says that many OB/GYNs tell their patients that it is safe to use Tylenol to relieve common pregnancy symptoms like headaches and back pain. While you shouldn’t take more than the recommended daily dose, many doctors agree that pregnant women can use acetaminophen.
In contrast, research published in the National Library of Medicine says children may experience health concerns if their mothers took acetaminophen while pregnant. This research links Tylenol consumption to attention problems in children.
Because of these concerns, you may want to take these steps before taking Tylenol while pregnant:
- Avoid frequent use of Tylenol and never exceed the maximum dose
- Speak with your healthcare provider before using Tylenol, as they may recommend a safer alternative
- Avoid using Tylenol altogether while pregnant, if possible
If you had Tylenol exposure during pregnancy, you should take note of any symptoms you notice and report them to your doctor. The more detailed your medical records are, the better. Your lawyer may need them to prove Tylenol consumption during pregnancy if you wish to file a legal case.
For a free legal consultation, call (725) 900-9000
Some Families Are Filing Lawsuits Because of a Link Between Tylenol and Autism and ADHD
Families are filing lawsuits against the companies that manufacture Tylenol over concerns that the use of acetaminophen during pregnancy causes autism and ADHD in their children. These lawsuits claim that Johnson & Johnson (and companies that sold generic acetaminophen drugs) had a responsibility to warn consumers about the potential risks of consuming the drug when pregnant.
In October 2022, lawsuits from around the country were compiled into a multi-district litigation (MDL). Cases are being pursued against companies that sold Tylenol, such as CVS, Costco, Walgreens, Walmart, 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, and Dollar Tree.
As of Spring 2023, over 100 lawsuits have been filed because of disorders linked to Tylenol. If you believe your child was affected by Tylenol consumption while you were pregnant, our firm is prepared to help you. Our product liability attorney knows how to hold negligent manufacturers and sellers of Tylenol accountable for their actions.
Damages You Can Recover If You or Your Child Were Negatively Affected by Tylenol
If your child developed autism spectrum disorder or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and you took Tylenol while pregnant, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Our law firm can pursue:
- Medical expenses: If your child needs to take medication or attend frequent doctor’s appointments because of behavioral disorders, you may have a right to compensation.
- Reduced quality of life: Living with a behavioral disorder can take a toll on your child and your family. They may struggle both socially and academically, which can reduce their quality of life. You can demand compensation for this loss.
- Lost income: If you or another member of your family needs to take time away from work because of pregnancy complications or your child’s behavioral disorders, you can seek justice.
Though you may have had a healthy pregnancy, Tylenol could impact your child for life. There may be other pain relief options that are safer to use when pregnant.
How Our Defective Drug Lawyer Can Build Your Tylenol Lawsuit
Though we often think of Tylenol as a safe medication, you and your family may experience negative effects because of it. Our firm is proud to serve families who wish to file a lawsuit because of pain relievers like acetaminophen.
If you hire us to manage your case, we will:
- Gather evidence to prove a link between prenatal acetaminophen exposure and your child’s condition
- Speak with doctors about your child’s fetal development to prove Tylenol impacted their health
- Explain any laws that apply to your case
- Inform you about how multi-district litigation (MDL) cases work
- Pursue damages for the adverse effects of Tylenol that your family experienced
- Represent you in all case-related matters
- Fill out and submit any paperwork necessary for your lawsuit
- Prove that you were not warned that Tylenol consumption during pregnancy could be unsafe for you and your child
Child development could be hindered by over-the-counter medicines like Tylenol. Our legal team can explain your options for pursuing fair compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Evidence We Can Use to Prove Tylenol Caused Your Child’s Disorder
Even if you took the lowest dose of Tylenol while pregnant, your child may now be suffering the consequences. Because you were not warned of the risk of prenatal exposure to Tylenol, you have the right to seek legal action.
We can help you do this by securing evidence that includes:
- Your and your child’s medical records
- Statements from you, your friends, your family, and your healthcare providers
- Statements from your child’s teachers and behavioral specialists
- Your receipts that prove when you purchased Tylenol
If you have any other evidence that may be useful, share it with your lawyer. We can use it as we build your lawsuit.
If You Took Tylenol While Pregnant, Discuss Your Case With Our Team
Research shows that Tylenol may be linked to autism spectrum disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children. If you believe your child’s disorder was caused by Tylenol or generic acetaminophen, you can seek justice against the manufacturer or seller of the drug.
To get started on your case, call Van Law today. We can explain your legal rights and options during your free initial consultation. We’re available to take your call 24/7.
No obligation consultations are always free.Let Us Help You! Call Now: (725) 900-9000
These guys are amazing. Helped me throughout the process. Always there when I need help. Inititailly called a law firm (the one that has lots of ads on the radio), but they declined my case. Van Law Firm accepted my case without a second thought! Kudos to Daniel, my case manager, and Amanda who expedited my payment process. Highly recommended.Milby Mags
Got in an accident at the beginning of the year and they have been awesome, especially with it being my first accident and me being like this. They have been very communicated, stayed in contact with me the whole time, giving me updates when there were any and even when there weren’t and answered any question I had. I would recommend them to anyone. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. I would give them a 10 out of 10.Ethan Gullet
They made sure that my insurance company covered what I paid for them to which included the gap for my car that was totaled. My medical costs were taken care of and reduced substantially so I was able to get more on my settlement. My case manager, Will Garcia, was always helpful in assisting me and answering any questions I had. They really did an amazing job with my case. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of this type of legal help. Most lawyers do not help you with the recovery of the car and rental etc. They are amazing.Teresa Cuthbertson